Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Photographers!

Looking for a photographer that has a bit of an artsy angle to their work (im not sure the right term). We are looking for someone mid range priced. We are getting married at Ocean Edge. Any recommendations?

Re: Photographers!

• edited December 2011
    We are using Elizabeth Horne. The wedding hasn't happened yet, but all the planning leading up has been great and she is super nice in person. I loved the pics on her website.
  • edited December 2011
    We went with Portrait New England... Great couple that does it together and the pictures were fantastic and artsy. They travel all over New England at no extra charge and their prices are reasonable.
    Good luck searching!
  • edited December 2011
    I used Abrilliantphoto.com because I thought her work was sooo different from the every day formal pictures.  check her work out at Abrilliantphoto.com\blog
  • Soccergal13Soccergal13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congratulations! I am getting married at Ocean Edge next June and I am using Lauren Methia (some of her images are on the website).

She has been wonderful and we really wanted an "artsy" feel, as well as someone who has shot at the location before.
    When is your wedding?

• edited December 2011
    I second Elizabeth Horne!
  • edited December 2011
    Soccergal,

We are getting married next August. Any advice you have so far? We are doing rehearsal dinner there as well. Still looking for the band and photographer!!
  • edited December 2011
    i worked with rupert whitely, who was great - he's unlimited hours and pics for $3K. So he met me at the hair salon at 7:45am and then, since we'd done our formals on the beach with high sun, he took me and DH back down after the wedding for more beach pics with better lighting - we finished at 7pm.  His website is great, but if you want to see an actual wedding instead of a "best of," the link to our pics is below.

HTH
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am pretty much done with the basic planning- ceremony, reception, dj, photographer, flowers and dress :) so pick my brain with whatever you need.
    We are getting a DJ (my fiance is Serbian and it is important that we have all types of music at the reception), but  I really do love our photographer-I suggest you check her out ;)
    Where are you having the rehearsal dinner at OE?
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at OE in two weeks.  We are using Paul Blackmore for our photographer.  He is awesome.  Google him and check out his website...he photographs in a photojournalistic style. Good luck!
  • Mystic619Mystic619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Rachel Buckley of Rachel Kate Photography for our June wedding and couldn't be happier with the way the photos came out.  She has a great personality and is so creative and talented.  I absolutely recommend her.  
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Chris Cook, he seems really great!  you should visit his web site, www.cookphoto.com. Our wedding is in three weeks so I will let you know!
  • edited December 2011
    Soccergal I was looking at Lauren's site and really liked her work.  Let us know how it turns out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    our wedding is not until next June, but everything leading up so far has been great! She has shot 3 weddings at OE (which was important for us).
  • kerbea08kerbea08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You should check out David McWilliams Photography. He is amazing, and has a different approach than most of the "cookie-cutter" wedding photographers. Check out the website for an idea of his work. DavidMcWilliamsPhotography.com  

• edited December 2011
    This website has helped me with my photographer search.

http://www.ppocc.org/ppocc/

It is for the Professional Photographers of Cape Cod Association and you can fill in a short form to request information from all of their members. The form includes your price range and you can add details about the type of package you want. I filled it out and got about 12 emails that same day! Many of the photographers quoted me prices less than the ones advertised on their websites.

I haven't chosen anyone yet, but I got some good options in my price range using that form.

Good luck,

Alyssa
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Vince Dewitt. He is fantastic and a great photographer/person to work with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards