Asian Weddings
Options

Any Chinese or Asian bakeries near Cincinnati?

I'm looking for a Chinese or Asian bakery in or near Cincinnati because I wanted to ask a few questions about their cake selection.  Does anyone know of one?  It's the kind that has the bubble tea and sometimes serves lunch, and then they have all of these pastries, both savory and sweet.  I know it's a long shot to ask but I thought it would be worth the try.
Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Any Chinese or Asian bakeries near Cincinnati?

• Options
    JackieJax05JackieJax05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Lexington but a lot of my Asian friends go to Cincinnati just for the better selection at Asian grocery stores.  Can you ask the owners at some of these grocery stores?  They might have some good recommendations.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi I live in Cincinnati and my fiance is Vietnamese.  My fiance's parents recommended a bakery in Anderson that they liked because the frosting isn't sweet and I believe it may be owned by a Vietnamese family.  I don't know the name of it off the top of my head but I will try to find out and let you know.  I know that it is off of 8 mile road.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I lived in CIncinnati for a couple of years and never found a place that compared to some of the bakeries in Columbus.  If you do find one, please share!  But if not and Columbus isn't too far for you -- try Ichiban Bakery or Golden Delight bakery in Columbus.  DEEEELICIOUS cakes -- we get one for every birthday in my family.  No bubble tea served or anything like that I don't think but Ichiban has lots of yummy pastries too!

Good luck!  
  • Options
    jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_asian-weddings_chinese-asian-bakeries-near-cincinnati?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:663Discussion:72da2a8d-8405-456e-921e-afe7f727a542Post:b42ed5fe-307f-4b33-9020-e797b1ed2e2e">Re: Any Chinese or Asian bakeries near Cincinnati?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I lived in CIncinnati for a couple of years and never found a place that compared to some of the bakeries in Columbus.  If you do find one, please share!  But if not and Columbus isn't too far for you -- try Ichiban Bakery or Golden Delight bakery in Columbus.  DEEEELICIOUS cakes -- we get one for every birthday in my family.  No bubble tea served or anything like that I don't think but Ichiban has lots of yummy pastries too! Good luck!  
    Posted by Alko726[/QUOTE]

I agree. The Asian bakeries in Columbus are soo good. If you go to Momo's (over by OSU), my cousins and I have bought some cakes there as well. They serve bubble tea, too!
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jenandcris -- are you originally from Ohio now living near Boston?  Me too! :)
  • Options
    jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_asian-weddings_chinese-asian-bakeries-near-cincinnati?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:663Discussion:72da2a8d-8405-456e-921e-afe7f727a542Post:f8a9f508-a5ba-47b7-adc6-088c21009f4a">Re: Any Chinese or Asian bakeries near Cincinnati?</a>:
    [QUOTE]jenandcris -- are you originally from Ohio now living near Boston?  Me too! :)
    Posted by Alko726[/QUOTE]

My dad was actually born and raised in Hilliard (near Columbus). He joined the USAF... We stayed in New England for 18+ yrs... he was re-stationed in OH and I just stayed in MA/CT (I already applied to college in CT) with family.

We should have lunch sometime! I was in downtown Boston/Back Bay yesterday! (o:
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds good! :)  PM me or something and we should figure something out!  I'm not IN Boston, but just NW of it.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards