Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

ice cream sundae bar!! thoughts?

So both my fiance and I are HUGE ice cream fans and actually just spoke with a representative from coldstone catering who offered a competetivie price on a ice cream bar that would include 2 representatives to mix the ice cream in front of guests. we would get 4 ice cream flavors, 8 mix-ins, caramel chocolate and whipped topping and all the bowls and spoons we need. We were thinking of having this at the reception and sending the cake with our guests to go in doggy bags. What are your ladies thoughts? 

Re: ice cream sundae bar!! thoughts?

• My husband would adore you.  So would I because I would get to eat his cake at home.  Seriously, who wouldn't love that idea?
  • Go for it. We had an ice cream sundae bar with someone serving the ice cream and multiple toppings. It was a huge hit.
  • sxcwedsxcwed member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Not sure if you'd hate this being done to your cake..but could you include your cake as an option to be mixed in with the ice cream?  I seem to remember cake being one of the "sides" that they offered at the stores.
  • we were actually just discussing also have the cake served on plates in stead of to-go in the event people do want to mix their ice cream with the cake :-D 
  • I think serving the cake on plates is a better idea.  I know they have brownies to mix in but I have seen cake when my 17 yo DS creates one of his monstrous inventions there.  
  • Yum.. Can I come to your wedding? Haha.
    255313_3528328290997_1532703995_n
    We say, "I do" on July 12, 2014.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
  • My FI wants a sundae bar, its the only thing he has asked for so Im going to see what I can do
    **September 2013 January siggy challenge - bouquet inspiration** 86412886570268992_SthmzhVF_c_zps5fe628c0 Daisypath Wedding tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We did an ice cream bar as a late night snack. Towards the end of the night they announced it & people loved it! We didn't have as much selection as you, but it was still great. 
  • You sound like you don't mind your cake not being eaten, but just from experience, I went to a wedding where they had a chocolate fountain and everyone ate so much of it that NO ONE ate cake and the bride was somewhat disappointed, because they had a HUGE cake.
    But if you're planning for them to have the option to take it to go then that's a FABULOUS idea!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_ice-cream-sundae-bar-thoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:84547e2a-d68d-4bba-9238-6314ea1a5facPost:993e3216-d48a-4b45-9dde-4231bf1252c1">Re: ice cream sundae bar!! thoughts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You sound like you don't mind your cake not being eaten, but just from experience, I went to a wedding where they had a chocolate fountain and everyone ate so much of it that NO ONE ate cake and the bride was somewhat disappointed, because they had a HUGE cake. But if you're planning for them to have the option to take it to go then that's a FABULOUS idea!
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]
    Those guests are clearly not from around here! We go a little crazy with the desserts here. Fortunately, most of it is gone by the end of the night :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards