September 2014 Weddings

Echo, echo, echo.....

Guess I'm the only one planning a 2014 wedding.
Anniversary

Re: Echo, echo, echo.....

• Sept. 28, 2014 for me! Such a long time away.
  • We've got a loose set time - either September of 2014 or September 2015. My fiance is done with school, but I've gone and changed my major so I need a little extra time to finish up school. Now that I've got the ring, I'm not in a rush to get married...yet. Maybe that'll change once I've been engaged a little longer.
  • Mandalynn9112 In 2014 Labor Day is the 1st. Just wanted to make sure you are aware your actually looking at the Friday after Labor Day
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2014-weddings_echo-echo-echo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a8ad825d-859f-4db5-9e59-9f91a556601dDiscussion:dd34ce92-1c30-4a0f-a276-4bd40ddc1be9Post:51614599-7fcc-46fe-bf7a-3b5e5dbc7eee">Re: Echo, echo, echo.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am going crazy right now.  I've been planning for over a year (just mostly looking and deciding on colors etc).  Now that we were closer and the clock was at around 1 year 3 months I decided full steam ahead on the planning.  Well now that I've started REALLY planning as in picking out flowers, really researching venues, deciding on a venue, picking out flower girl dress, etc all of a sudden I'm back to square one.  Only square one is 2 more years away. I've been in a bad mood the last 2 days and I know part of it is just because I'm so frustrated that I have all this wedding energy to get out and I can't.  I mean I've ordered some decorations already and those are on their way.  So now they will be put in storage somewhere for way too long. I honestly don't have much of a problem with having a long engagement.  I always said I'd rather be engaged for a few years than try to plan a wedding in a year or less.  I mean it gives me lots of time to make decisions and research and save money, but I feel like the rug was kind of pulled out from under me and I don't know what to do now.  I'm just sitting here spinning my wheels.
    Posted by Mandalynn9112[/QUOTE]

<div>I feel the same way. My fiance is in school until 2014, so he said he wants to wait to get married.  Before I started looking at things, I didn't want a long engagement, however- now seeing how much there is to do- I think I will enjoy it. I know for me its hard for me not to research and want to book- but the best things come to those who wait! Good luck! </div>
  • DMB1223DMB1223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm planning on a labor day weekend September 2014 wedding too!  I have gone out to look at places just dont some searching online.  I'm trying to figure out good colors for a fall wedding.
  • We're looking at September 2014 too so that we can save money!  Weddings are so darn expensive, it's insane :(.  I'm not really sure what to start on!  There is so much out there that I want to do, but I don't want to do anything too early or anything.  So now I feel like we are kind of in limbo....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
  • I'm also planning a September wedding. September 6, 2014. I feel so crazy with looking stuff up and planning little details and stuff already but I'm just too excited! I would love to get married sooner, but we need to start saving up money for it lol. I also want to have some time to lose some weight so i can get my dream dress in a smaller size. Im just hoping that the venue for our ceremony and reception are going to be available. I think thats going to be one of the first things that i'm going to pay for. Good luck with the planning September 2014 buddies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards