Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

another 'first dance song' post

12345679»

Re: another 'first dance song' post

• dancemusicdancemusic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are using a song from a musical called "the smell of the grase paint, the raor of the crowd" The song is "Feelin' Good" and we're using the Nina Simone version

• reason00reason00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a latin ballroom dance haha...that'll suprise the guests! it will be quick, then we'll get into Deftones for our first slow dance.

I think I'm the only one doing hard  rock hahaha...
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • mags2252002mags2252002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A totally random pick. But we are going with "Truly" by Lionel Richie. I have never heard the song before or maybe never took notice. I was watching Dr. Dolittle on t.v. LOL and theres a scene where he is dancing with his wife to Truly. I was like WHAT IS THAT SONG?! SOOO ROMANTIC!! I googled it online and saw that it was a song by Lionel Richie. I love it and we are totally going with that song. Still trying to come up with some songs that aren't too cheesy for the daughter/father dance and the son/mother dance. And have no idea what song we should have us and the bridal party get announced to. Any ideas or suggestions?!
  • jcarter0216jcarter0216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "Ever the Same" by Rob Thomas
  • edited December 2011
    I was searching around on youtube (gotta love it!) and found Jason Mraz's song "God Rests In Reason".  It's beautiful.  A little fast, but I really like it.  
  • snurtle02snurtle02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you do any kind of special dance step to it? We are thinking of using her as well, becuase the song is so short.
  • edited December 2011
    I was thinking "Don't Leave Home" By Dido. Does anyone know this song, if so, what do you think?
  • MadeOfAwesomeMadeOfAwesome member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in 13 days!!!  We're using Corey Smith's First Dance.  I LOVE that song!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We're leaning towards "The Way you Look Tonight."
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• schroeadschroead member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I have absolutely NO idea what to dance to. We were thinking of  starting in a slow song and  then surprising everyone with a fast dance! We aren't sure if that would be tacky, or fun!! :P
    !Happily Married!
  • mishamusemishamuse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using "Angel Eyes" by the Jeff Healey band for the first dance.  I am thinking on using "Breathe" by Faith Hill for during the ceremony.  We've known each other for over 30 years, and only started dating a couple of years ago. 
  • edited December 2011
    This post has been so helpful! I don't usually click the links in my emails for this stuff, but my fiance and I have been trying to find a good song for awhile now. We really liked Michael Buble's "Everything" but thought it would be too upbeat to slow dance to. We also loooove Ingrid Michaelson but none of her songs were appropriate for us (her cover of "Can't Help Falling in Love" is fabulous but we've been together 7 years so it doesn't fit).  Annnyway.. thank you Amandy for suggesting Joshua Radin's "Today" .. we love him and I think that will be perfect:)
  • edited December 2011
    Michael Buble's "Everything"
  • flynnieflynnie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Then by Brad Paisley
  • katdreikornkatdreikorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and i are dancing to "Broken Road " by Rascal Flatts. I'm a huge fan and he took me to thier concert (my 1st flatts concert ever) for my bday our first year of dating. I realized i was falling in love that night. :)

Another choice for us (or anyone really):
    I Swear by All for one
    You and Me by Lifehouse
    I'll Be by Edwin McCain
    Amazed by Lonestar
    Shameless by Garth Brooks

• katdreikornkatdreikorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_another-first-dance-song-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:63a4a39c-82d4-4dff-8e82-bb2eb6f22e42Post:5bacfdfa-89f6-4621-b9cd-36889c30104c">Re: another 'first dance song' post</a>:
    [QUOTE]A totally random pick. But we are going with "Truly" by Lionel Richie. I have never heard the song before or maybe never took notice. I was watching Dr. Dolittle on t.v. LOL and theres a scene where he is dancing with his wife to Truly. I was like WHAT IS THAT SONG?! SOOO ROMANTIC!! I googled it online and saw that it was a song by Lionel Richie. I love it and we are totally going with that song. Still trying to come up with some songs that aren't too cheesy for the daughter/father dance and the son/mother dance. And have no idea what song we should have us and the bridal party get announced to. Any ideas or suggestions?!
    Posted by mags2252002@yahoo.com[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm having this exact same problem...i have no clue what father/daughter song or bridal party song...kinda wanna go with "Tonite's gonna be a good night" by Black eyed peas but i also want to say it for getting the dancing started...although i'm a high school teacher and the latest dance craze is "shuffling" and my students keep trying to teach me and it would be funny for the bridal party to "shuffle" in lol i dunno

</div>
  • M2NM2N
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I really want tim mcgraw/faith hills i need you for our first dance but my FI isn't sure about the whole addiction whiskey, needle vein, cigarettes being appropriate for the first dance...let me know what you decide because it's a beautiful beautiful song!

• meganonandameganonanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using 'Your Everything' by Keith Urban.  It's the song that Dustin and I danced to when he proposed and it's so beautiful. 
  • edited December 2011
    I love songs that are not cheesy and typical of first dance songs.  My best friend danced to Fleetwood Mac's "Everywhere" and I'm dancing to Depeche Mode's "Just Can't Get Enough". 
    Good Luck!
  • kimenkimen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Life After You by Daughtry 
  • JeanLahtiJeanLahti member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're going with "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol.  it was super popular the summer we started dating and ended up becoming "our song."  it's not too cheesy but still romantic. :)
  • mlpetersonmlpeterson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "You and Me" Dave Matthews Band
  • JenS711JenS711 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're dancing to Moon River but we are doing the Bobby Darin version. We both love Breakfast at Tiffany's.  My Grandparents would sing that to me as a baby and we're getting married on their anniversary, the song means a lot to me
    October 2011:
    Favorite registry item:Fiestaware

Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kwagner1211kwagner1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Right now we are going with "Keep On Loving You" by REO Speedwagon. I love classic rock and we both didn't want slow and sappy. This has been one of the hardest decisions we've had to make though since our tastes aren't that simliar!
  • edited December 2011
    Hubby and I are renewing our vows in August and our dance is going to be "Soul Mates" by Josh Turner. We're doing a full blown wedding this time. Walking down to All 4 One's "So Much In Love", Unity Candle Ceremony to John Michael Montgomery's "I Swear", and recessional is Bucky Covington's "Good to be Us". Hubby listens to Country, I listen to everything.
  • sillysockrocksillysockrock member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm walking down the aisle to "I will follow you into the dark" by DCFC, but our first dance song is going to be "I'm Your Man" by Leonard Cohen. The first time I heard that song, I knew it was going to be my first dance song, lol.
  • edited December 2011
    Which song did you decide on?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm curious if anyone has heard of Brooke Frasier? My FI and i are dancing to The Thief. Our mutual friend showed it to us and both of us started to tear up b/c it fit perfectly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards