Canada-Ontario

Canadian Honeymoon?

My FI and I are looking into a Canadian honeymoon.  We have almost 95% decided on a travel agency called "Fresh Tracks"  based out of Vancouver that does a train trip / hotel stay combo.  The prices are pretty decent and the hotels look amazing.  We are just a little nervous using an out of country travel agency.  Has anyone used them or heard of them?  Any Canadians who can reccomend something?  Our wedding is October 1st in Michigan, so we were thinking east Canada...... Thank you!

Catie
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Canadian Honeymoon?

• edited December 2011
    You want to book a honeymoon on the East Coast but the company you'd be working with is on the West Coast in Vancouver?  That may be an issue.  I would suggest flying to Vancouver and renting a car/visiting the Island and rockies.  But that's just me.  You can get reasonable flights from Toronto-Vancouver.  I'm not sure about train trips out East, sorry - can't help you there.
  • edited December 2011
    O.K.  Toronto/Montreal, I thought you meant East as in New Brunswick.  Old Montreal is beautiful.  Or even Quebec City.  I can't imagine you'd see much taking the train between Toronto and Montreal though.  I've only ever driven it or have known people who would fly.
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I posted a response to your same message on the Canada board!
  • StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What kind of honeymoon are you looking to have?

Toronto/Montreal - which you can do by train - a lot of night life, good shopping, sites to see, great restaurants. (Montreal - most people speak English, so that shouldn't be a problem for you)

Quebec City - GORGEOUS.  I love visiting Quebec City, to me it is a miniature Paris.  Lots to see and do as well. 

(Out West) Vancouver, Banff & the Rockies - Also very beautiful.  We were in Banff/Rockies in June and is actually where my FI proposed! The mountains never stop amazing and there is lots to see and do.  Nice hotels.  If you want to drive, it's beautiful to drive right through.  Had we had more time we would have seen more.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards