Registry and Gift Forum

Stupid Question about getting gifts home from the reception....

I never pay attention at weddings to little things like the gift table.  When people bring gifts to the reception and put them on the gift table, when do you take them home?  I think it would look tacky to collect all of your gifts and load them up in your vehicle before making your grand exit.  Do we have someone else load them up in our vehicle, in another vehicle, or just go back and get them later?  I don't think we should leave them at the church until we come back from our honeymoon.
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Re: Stupid Question about getting gifts home from the reception....

• I've always seen the wedding party and/or close relatives of the B&G packing up their gifts and delivering them to their home or hotel room at the tail end of the reception.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Our family brought them back to our house. Usually parents will grab these for you, because yes, it does look a little tacky to grab them and go for your grand exit. I wouldn't sweat this detail
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My MOH is going to bring them upstairs to our room since we are staying overnight at the hotel. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Usually WP or family member will do this. I would not think the church or venue would want to take responsibility of having to store your gifts for you while you are on your HM.

• We're going to take DD & her FI's gifts to our hotel room after the reception and then to our house the next day.  When they get back from their honeymoon they are going to come over, FI's parents (and possibly grandparents) will come over and they will open gifts and then pack everything up and take all the stuff to their home  We'll get to hear about their honeymoon and just visit together while they open gifts.  Siblings may or may not be there, it's their choice.

As far as envelopes, my brother will be keeping an eye on them during the reception. We'll take them to the hotel, they'll be place in their room for them to have.
  • We didn't have a grand exit, but my dad and his dad gathered all the gifts up after dinner and put them in one of their cars.  No one noticed.
  • Thanks Ladies!  That's simple enough.  I'll just ask my sister in law to take them for us.  :-)
    Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • WP members or parents collect them for you. We'll be having the BM and MOH collect them and load them in my parents' vehicle. My MOH will be staying at our house while in town for the wedding so she can take them into the house with my parents when she gets dropped off.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • Our coordinator loaded them into my parents' car during the dinner.  The table was in the front room, separate from the ballroom, so no one saw.  Then my parents stored them until we got home.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards