DC

Reception venues under $10,000

Hello all,

We are planning on having a destination wedding in the Caribbean in April 2012, then having a reception in DC in May or June.  We are trying to keep the venue /catering/alcohol costs under $10,000 but I am not having a lot of luck finding a place for that price.  Our guest list will likely be around 120 people.  If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciated it!

Thanks!

Jen

Re: Reception venues under $10,000

• edited December 2011
    Great idea!  Check out Martin's Caterings 7 locations .  They have packages under 10,000 (venue, catering and open bar).  I visited Martin's Crosswinds and the packages I selected were well under $10,000.  Note:  I am having the same problem. 

All the best,

Sonya
  • edited December 2011
    Try Mrs. K's Tollhouse in Silver Spring.
  • edited December 2011

I am doing a Sunday day wedding for this same reason.  The problem that I ran into was that, if I found a great package price, the outrageous service charges, site fees, and taxes pushed me over budget.  We are having ours at Belmont Country Club in Ashburn and they have some great packages that are all-inclusive (open bar, plated meal service, tax & service fees) and its a beautiful historic venue.

• MsKCofVAMsKCofVA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Grand Atrium in Tysons Corner (Vienna, VA)  They are a great affordable venue with excellent alcohol and DJ packages included.  Their prices are very reasonable.  My wedding is April 2012 and this is where we chose for our reception.
  • edited December 2011
    Try the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling.  They are great and give all-inclusive prices.  I know they have gone up since I booked but not sure by how much.  We are paying $79.95 including tax and service for a sit down dinner (chicken), 4 hours full open bar, cocktail hour apps, plus wine service at dinner.  Hopefully it is not too much more than that now.  Also, before they didn't change the price if you altered the package (beer and wine only, buffet dinner instead etc) but they had only been doing weddings for a year at the time so maybe if they raised prices they allow customizing for lower prices as well.  Gerriann is wonderful.  They also gave us a phenomenal rate for their hotel rooms which are beautiful and a big help since we have a ton of OOT guests.

Oh and there is no site fee either.  And the minimum is based on a minimum headcount you give them which they tell you to low-ball (i.e. we expect 120-150 so they told us to say 80 people so we can for sure cover it).
  • Crowne Plaza, Silver spring! they are amazing!
  • Thanks for all the suggestions! We ended up going with Grand Atrium!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards