Christian Weddings

NWR: Random question

When are you all planning to put up your Christmas decorations? I'm usually a firm believer in waiting until the weekend after Thanksgiving to put up the tree and wreaths and everything, but I'm already pretty holiday happy this year.

Just want to hear what everyone else does traditionally.

(I can't wait for Halloween to be over so that I can focus on Thanksgiving and Christmas!)

Re: NWR: Random question

• ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same as Emily!  DH has to work the day after Thanksgiving, so when he gets him, the apartment will be decorated!  Reminds me I need to ask FIL to bring down our wreaths when he brings us our second little tree.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    day after Thanksgiving...I can't wait any longer than that.  I love my fall wreath and candles, but I love my Christmas stuff more. :) Plus, fall gets to be up from September-ish to Thanksgiving, whereas Christmas only has a month.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • edited December 2011
    They will be up the weekend after Thanksgiving

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • edited December 2011

Yeah I agree with PP's... Thanksgiving always seems like an appropriate time... otherwise it just seems way too soon. I was walking around the mall this afternoon on my lunch break, and a few department stores already had Christmas displays up... It actualyl evoked more feelings of drudgery than excitement... but that was probably just becaue I was in a mall and making Christmas really "commercial" has always bothered me.

• FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_nwr-random-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:38c56fae-2747-437c-9bff-cbd068a81608Post:12ea185b-3aff-4b06-b644-8a46a2d9d71f">Re: NWR: Random question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ours will be up the day after Thanksgiving.  
    Posted by fpaemp2011[/QUOTE]
    Us too!!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so excited to do our first Christmas married together, our first tree, and apartment decorating etc I can't wait! Traditionally my family starts decoration the weekend of Thanksgiving, so I'm sure DH and I will continue on with that :)
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After Thanksgiving - usually before my family comes over that Saturday because we sometimes celebrate Christmas then.
  • MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I fully admit that I get ansy for Christmas and last year FI and I put up the Christmas decorations the second weekend of November haha. I couldn't wait anymore. This year I'm going to attempt to make it to Turkey Day. 
  • Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_nwr-random-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:38c56fae-2747-437c-9bff-cbd068a81608Post:12ea185b-3aff-4b06-b644-8a46a2d9d71f">Re: NWR: Random question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ours will be up the day after Thanksgiving.  
    Posted by fpaemp2011[/QUOTE]
    Us too!
  • edited December 2011
    Day after Thanksgiving for me. I LOOOOOVE Christmas decorations, but I think it looks silly when people put them up too early. I was in the Christian Bookstore  at either the end of September or very beginning of October and they had Christmas stuff out already. That's toooo early, IMO.
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm another "day after Thanksgiving" person.  While everyone else goes to Black Friday, I decorate.  I love it!
  • katiebakakatiebaka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is FI and my first year out of the house (well, I'm still with my parents, but he already lives in the apartment we'll live in after the wedding) so we probably won't get a ton of Christmas decorations until next year except a few little things. I VERY much love Christmastime and decorating, so I think it'll be really hard for me to wait until after Thanksgiving, although I'd like to :)

I studied abroad in England and the souvenir I picked up everywhere I went was an ornament...FI got me a little tree and that stays up all year round so I can have my fix ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My mom usually puts hers up not long after Halloween!  Lol.  So I come from a family that does it early, but FI's family never does their's until December 1.  As a result, FI and I have compromised on doing it the day after Thanksgiving.

HOWEVER, this year we will be on our honeymoon then.  :D  So we are planning on putting it up first thing when we get back, so either November 27 or 28.  (The Sunday or Monday after Thanksgiving.)
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • yodacubyodacub member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Huh, I have never put my Christmas decorations up that early.  Growing up it was the first or second weekend of Dec, although when I was in college my family would wait till I got home, pushing it into the teens of Dec.  After we're married it will probably be the same, FI's birthday is Dec. 6, and he doesn't start "Christmas season" until after that.
  • edited December 2011
    We usually do Christmas decorating the 1st week of December. Mom & I usually rummage through all our decorations before we put anything up. We donate what we no longer want & decide what we're going to take our for decorations (besides the tree). 

My household has a firm  "Christmas & all that comes with it, is for December only" family. We'll grab stuff to make gifts early, or if we see a sale on something we want to buy as a gift for whoever we'll buy it early, but Christmas in our house only exists from 12/1-12/25. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    day after thnksgiving with fils tradition started last year... not sure when fi are putting up ours...
  • katiebakakatiebaka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_nwr-random-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:38c56fae-2747-437c-9bff-cbd068a81608Post:b89af4dd-1af8-418b-9b2c-34d3122462c5">Re: NWR: Random question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Huh, I have never put my Christmas decorations up that early.  Growing up it was the first or second weekend of Dec, although when I was in college my family would wait till I got home, pushing it into the teens of Dec.  After we're married it will probably be the same, <strong>FI's birthday is Dec. 6</strong>, and he doesn't start "Christmas season" until after that.
    Posted by yodacub[/QUOTE]

<div>That's my birthday, too!! :) But I'm the opposite -- I love, love, LOVE "Christmas season" so I get kind of pouty if decorations aren't up by my birthday hahaha.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am usually late - I put un the Christmas decor mid December. I will aim to get it up earlier this year.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards