DC

Washington DC Bridal Store Suggestions??

Hi Knot Community!

I am recently engaged (YAY!) and want to start looking for the perfect dress. I have some idea of the style I want (simple, nothing crazy big or elaborate). While we still have not picked an exact date I know that I want the wedding to be in a "warmer" month (spring or summer). With that said, I have a very excited mother and a VERYYY excited grandmother who want to start dress shopping yesterday. I need some good suggestions of places to start looking. I have my eyes set on a specific gown, but am open to trying on different styles and seeing what else is out there.

If you are from the DC area, or shopped in the DC area for your dress please help me with some suggestions of where to start and why.

Thank you so much!
xox
-C

Re: Washington DC Bridal Store Suggestions??

• caitlyngartcaitlyngart member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Hi Knot Community!

I am recently engaged (YAY!) and want to start looking for the perfect dress. I have some idea of the style I want (simple, nothing crazy big or elaborate). While we still have not picked an exact date I know that I want the wedding to be in a "warmer" month (spring or summer). With that said, I have a very excited mother and a VERYYY excited grandmother who want to start dress shopping yesterday. I need some good suggestions of places to start looking. I have my eyes set on a specific gown, but am open to trying on different styles and seeing what else is out there.

If you are from the DC area, or shopped in the DC area for your dress please help me with some suggestions of where to start and why.

Thank you so much!
    xox
    -C
  • Congrats on your engagement!  If you give a little more information people may be able to give you better suggestions.

What gown are you set on?

Do you know what designers you're looking at?

What's your dress budget?

I'm looking primarily at Maggie Sottero dresses to stay within my budget.  I have my appointments scheduled for two weeks from now and I plan to go Katherine's in Alexandria, Pattrapon in Kensington, and The Bridal Boutique in Columbia.
  • I'm not really set on anything yet, which is is why I really want to go try some dresses on that I have never seen before or even thought I might want on my body.

I really love lace dresses with sweetheart neck lines. I tend to find that mermaid and modified mermaid gowns catch my eye, but again, would be open to trying on other styles. 

The one dress that I LOVE is a Jim Hjelm dress from the spring 2012 collection Style Number: JH8210. I can imagine myself getting married in that, but have never tried it on so it may look awful on me...don't know until you try!!

I don't really have a budget, as my parents are kind enough to pay for the dress, but I would like to avoid anything over $7,000 as that seems a bit excessive to me. 

Please let me know if you can recommend some places to just get a feel for what I might want. I am not looking for anything specific at this point yet.
  • I know a lot of people really love Hannelore's in Old Town.  The shop is pretty big so that might be a good place for you to start.
  • kellyq02kellyq02 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Hey, 

Congrats on your engagement!!

I got my dress from Love Couture in Potomac and had a very positive experience. It's a smaller boutique but I was able to find an amazing dress! The staff was great too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you all so much for your help and suggestions. I have some great places lined up and if I don't find anything I will keep looking based one your suggestions.

Good luck and happy planning!!

• Hi Caitlyn!
    I'm a freelance stylist here in DC and I focus on styling brides for their special day.  I would be happy to set up appointments for you and take you around to assist you in finding a dress, and creating a look that you love. A few stores that my clients have had great experiences in are:
    Carine's
    Hitched
    Love Couture
    The Bridal Salon and Saks Jandel
    I not only help you find the dress, but also in coordinating your entire look from veil, jewelry, hair, shoes, makeup, as well as your wedding party. Feel free to contact me at beth@bethlauren.com to hear more about how I can help you!!
    Beth

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards