Latino Weddings
Options

Must play songs for the reception

I know this was posted a few weeks ago but I am now trying to make my must play list and thought I would renew the topic. 
My fiance and I love reggaeton and my Grandma LOVES Daddy Yankee so that will be a given but I thought maybe I would ask you all what you are asking your DJ to play. I've already told him that the majority of music played would most likely be spanish music. His online list is pretty extensive soweshouldn't have a problem.  If you have your list made up I would love to see it. FI likes rap too but we can't play that and I like merengue & salsa but would still like a mix of everything. 
Thanks in advance!

Re: Must play songs for the reception

• Options
    edited December 2011

We will be playing English and Spanish. I don't have a list made up yet but I plan on doing that soon. My family is really into Tejano like Jaime Y Los Chamacos, Bobby Pulido, Tigres del Notre, etc. We'll play some of the older and newer stuff like Kumbia Kings. I plan on getting some suggestions from my parents. I've been listening to live radio stations on the Internet for ideas as well. You could google like salsa or reggaeton radio stations and see what comes up.

• Options
    munkiimunkii member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can email you the list we provided out DJ, but most of it was English music as that was the majority of the guestlist--regardless of what was playing, though, people were dancing.  The music in Spanish is a mix of different things, but mostly Mexican stuff like Thalia, Kumbia Kings, and David Lee Garza.  We did have some Daddy Yankee, though.  Let me know and I'll email it to you.
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Munkii that would help. I'm still going to play English music. Its going to be a mix of people, Hispanics and Americans. But I know the his Guatemalan family will dance all night long as long as the music is good! :) Can you PM me the list? If not email me at vanessa_a 83 at yahoo dot com.
    THANKS!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to play some reggaeton, salsa, merengue, bachata, freestyle, and some american music. I have the songs listed in my bio if you want to take a look.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Nothing definate, but as far as genres we want Bachata, Merengue, Reggae, Reggaeton, R & B, light hip hop....

*MaryV*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You have some good music MsSunshine!!! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Nikkanny! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i dont know what it is but theres just something about hey baby que paso that gets me dancing and singing haha
    Anniversary
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards