Indiana

Fall Outdoor wedding

We decided to have our wedding August 6,2013 but the more I thnk about it, the more I think that it's too early. I'm not sure if the leaves will be falling by then. What do you think? should i convince him to push it back to september? or keep it at August?

Re: Fall Outdoor wedding

• edited April 2012
    We decided to have our wedding August 6,2013 but the more I thnk about it, the more I think that it's too early. I'm not sure if the leaves will be falling by then. What do you think? should i convince him to push it back to september? or keep it at August?
  • krystam2000krystam2000 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    depends on where you live, thats when i am getting married but its last week in september so that i can have the colorful leafs .... hope this helps

• edited April 2012
    Hi, Are you having the wedding in Indiana? Early August In Indiana has never looked or felt like fall to me..... For indiana, fall peak isn't until early OCT. August is still lovely, but I wouldn't count on fall foliage, it's still summer.
  • edited April 2012
    Yea we live in Indiana and probably have the wedding around here somewhere. But i never have paid attention to when the seasons changed. Im thinking now maybe september.
  • I had an October 1st wedding in Indiana last fall. The leaves were still very green, I would push it to mid to late October if you want fall leaves in your pictures.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • If you are getting married in Indiana, it will be to early for leaves falling. They generally do not begin to fall until mid October. Hope this helps :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • It may also be important to consider October if your wedding/reception is outdoors.  It's so hot and humid in mid/southern indiana in August.  Just a thought.
  • I got married Oct 9, 2010 in northeast Ohio and most of the trees were still green a few had started to turn and it was 78 that day. I think August is too early for a fall wedding.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana_fall-outdoor-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:97Discussion:57f499f3-8321-482d-a771-c28db307b9a2Post:9ce4dc87-038d-49e7-a809-6ea4534ee574">Re: Fall Outdoor wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had an October 1st wedding in Indiana last fall. The leaves were still very green, I would push it to mid to late October if you want fall leaves in your pictures.
    Posted by hbatchel2[/QUOTE]

<div>agreed.</div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards