October 2010 Weddings

MENU WORDING!

Hey girls - stuck again.

I'm working on my menus, it's a fancy 5-course meal. Soup, Salad, Intermezzo, Entree, Dessert (few things here between the dessert, cake and pastries we'll have)

Should I list everything like: course one: ... course two: ... course three: intermezzo ... etc.?

Or should I just list everything as is? my dilema is where I reach the entrees and dessert, because there is explaining to do. But right now, all I have listed for the first three are: tuscan minestrone, greek salad, intermezzo ... Idk I feel like the first three look funny alone.

How are you girls (doing menus) listing it all? Thanks for the input!

Re: MENU WORDING!

• I did soup, salad, entree, children's entree, dessert as headers with descriptions under each one.
  • We're only having a salad course, main course, and dessert course. I'm just putting the names of each option without the description. It looked too crowded if I tried to add a description to everything, and, like you said, you don't really need to describe a mixed greens salad...

Maybe you could do one large menu with descriptions for each table?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm just listing it like this. Unforunately the formatting won't reproduce. But I'm adding a little flourish to seperate in between each item. And I might add cake flavors once I decide.

Elkins Mixed Organic Green Salad with huckleberries, bleu cheese, baconhomemade croutons and citrus vinaigrette

Elkins slow-roasted Pot Roast with roasted vegetables & garlic jus

Rosemary and Horseradish Mashed Potatoes

Steamed Broccolini with Herbed Garlic Butter

Baked Butternut Squash with Cinnamon and Brown Sugar

Ginger Glazed Baby Carrots

Fresh Rolls & Butter

• We're doing soup, salad, entree, and dessert and listing them as such.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Thank you for the responses, girls!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards