Florida-West Coast

Need help finding a reception venue

Hi, I am from NJ and I want to do a destination wedding in West Florida in Aug. 2010? I'll probably have about 60 guests.  Do you know of any venues that offer destination wedding packages in florida? Or do you know of any nice places that have receptions for under $70/pp?

Re: Need help finding a reception venue

• edited December 2011
    Check The Rusty Pelican.  I think they have 5 rooms and can accommodate different size groups.  Talk to either Don or Janita.

2425 N Rocky Point Dr
    Tampa, FL 33607
    (813) 286-3666
  • edited December 2011
    Windsong Charters does weddings on their sailboats out in the gulf and then they bring you back to land for the reception.  They have various packages that you can view at www.windsongcharters.com. Its a different take on the traditional beach wedding.  Of course, there are tons of beautiful beaches in the area so if you want to stay on land there are many options.  Look into Davis Island, Rusty Pelican, and Island Way Grill if you want something indoors but on the water and with a nice view.  Good Luck! 
  • jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are getting married at the Hilton Longboat Key.  If you don't mind an afternoon wedding or a wedding on Friday night or Sunday, it's very affordable.  Almost all the resorts will offer you a huge discount if you do a Friday night, Sunday or afternoon reception.

PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Savannah6783Savannah6783 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Both of these restaraunts offer everything you need to have a beach destination wedding. I personally love the Sandbar and almost booked it myself. The sandbar has a wedding pavillion seperate from the restaraunt, the beachhouse I believe will block off a section of their deck for you and your guests.

http://www.sandbar-restaurant.com/

http://www.beachhouse-restaurant.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards