Idaho

Let's liven this up!

Ok ladies... I know there's more Idaho brides than this! I've seen a few new screen names, so let's introduce ourselves and see if we can get this board to liven up a little!Where you live-Wedding City-Wedding location-How long you've known your FI-Tell us about your wedding!

Re: Let's liven this up!

• edited December 2011
    Hello :) I think I've done this before, but I'll do it again :) We live in Boise, which is where our wedding is taking place. We are from Delaware, but I didnt feel like having the stress of planning a wedding over 2000 miles away from the wedding location, so we decided to just have it here. We have known eachother since May 2007, been engaged since May 08 and will be married June 5 2010. :) Quick Quick, we dont waste time :) Our wedding ceremony is going to be at the Cathedral of the Rockies, and the reception is going to be at the Owyhee Plaza in their downstairs area, not sure what its called :) We are playing on a vintage theme in some aspects, think 40s glam. Except my dress does not follow the theme at all, go figure :) Our colors are pink and green. I dont know what else to say about our wedding, but we have gotten SOO much done (actually just bought the stuff for our centerpieces today), so we are just waiting for the day to get here! :)
  • Hmae23DHHmae23DH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Girls! I live in a tiny town called Dietrich, most of you have probably never heard of it. We are getting married in Twin Falls Idaho at the Twin Falls temple. My FI and I met in the summer of 08 at the Twin Falls temple celebration and we became engage in January of 09. As you can tell we are young, i'm a senior as of right now. He is in his second year of college and I am taking dual credit classes to get ahead for college. We are getting married May 21 2010. It is going to be just a small close family and friends wedding and then we will have a reception the next day for everyone.[url=http://www.theknot.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.theknot.com/tools/tickers/tt47c78.aspx[/img][/url]
  • edited December 2011
    ooh kimberly i just had my reception at the owyhee.. they were awesome!!! and the food was delicious!
  • edited December 2011
    jessiiiface: It's great hearing that :) Just out of curiosity, what did you guys serve? And what room did you have it in? I would love to see some pics of how it turned out :)
  • tayleytayley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! I've sort of abandoned this board for a while because it was so dead, it's really great to see new brides (and grooms) showing up and talking again!!

My name's Ashley. I'm from Boise, my FI is from CdA, and we're getting married in Emmett! We searched and searched for an outdoor place we LOVED that would work with us, and finally settled on the Fourth Street Gardens (which is just absolutely GORGEOUS, by the way) in Emmett. We're doing both ceremony and reception out there, and we're really excited about it. Our colors are teal and orange, and the whole wedding will be a fun vintage theme with orange asiatic lilies everywhere! Our wedding is July 18th, so I'm working on lots of ideas to keep folks cool (program fans, personalized water bottles, etc).

We're both students at BSU and will graduate eventually! I'm completely alone in the planning process, as my mom, MOH, and one of the other two BMs are on the other end of the country! So far it hasn't been overly stressful, but I know it will get that way soon!
  • edited December 2011
    I'll go too :)
    I'm Danielle and my fiance is Dave.  We met while I was in Twin Falls going to CSI... We've been together since 2005. 
    We both live in Boise and we're getting married in Nampa at Sawtooth Winery on June 26th.
    Wedding colors are orange and lime green with accents of fuschia and yellow.
  • edited December 2011
    Ok ladies... I know there's more Idaho brides than this! I've seen a few new screen names, so let's introduce ourselves and see if we can get this board to liven up a little!Where you live-Wedding City-Wedding location-How long you've known your FI-Tell us about your wedding!

Hello everyone, My name is Jessica and I met my FI Joshua in the summer of 2008. We have a long engagement planned and are looking at April 2011 for our wedding because I actually live in Los Angeles right now and will be moving to Boise in about 4 weeks :) yay!!!!

We are going to start looking at venues probably after the first of the year when everything calms down from the holidays.  I would love to have a vintage feel to the wedding so I'm trying to convince him that a vineyard would be a good venue :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, My name is Annie, my fiance is named Stephen.  We met in November 08, started dating at the end of January in 09, I got fired for dating him in September and he proposed in October of 09.  Our wedding in July 2010.  Yes it's holy-cow-quick but we're perfect for eachother in everyway.  A real life fairy tale couple.  :)  It is quick, we know, and we don't care except everyone keeps assuming there is a baby involved it's so quick.  but there isn't.

We are hoping for the Julia Davis Rose Garden for our July wedding but I can't secure the place until February 1st (stupid Boise Parks and Recreation).  Our colors are hot pink and hot orange, like sherbert. I've always been in love with the culture in India so the vibrant colors and paisley designs will be an exotic and fun style for our wedding. 

Some fun Ideas I'm willing to share: instead of a guest book, I've found a photobooth company to come set up.  The guest will get two print outs of thier photobooth shots: one to take home and one to leave for me to assemble in a book.  They can add thier names to the pictures so I get more than just a signature in a book, I get faces to names.  Since It'll be outside in the heat of july, I found blank white folding fans to decorate.  We're getting a custom rubber stamp of our engagement photo to stamp onto the fans and decorate.  Great for favors and a way to keep cool. 

Another trick of the trade I am using... since I'm assigning guests to tables (solves the headache of fueding family members), instead of labeling the tables 1, 2, 3, etc... and someone getting upset because they are number 12 instead of 3... We are adding themes to each table referencing my FI and my interests.  There will be a France table, a Ballet table, jets football, musical theatre, sleeping beauty, Styx, comic books, hollywood, India, and the list goes on.  This will also be a fun way to play a game to excuse tables individually to go to the buffet. Livens up the ceterpieces instead of traditional (which we are not) floral ceterpieces and lowers the cost of flowers. 

I'm having so much fun planning and I LOVE how interested and involved in descision making my FI is.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    It seems I get busy with life and don't get back to this board very often.
    Anyways, I'm Manda and my FI Shane met at a training seminar two years ago.  We are both a bit crazy (for each other) and LOVE Halloween.  That is why our big day is Oct 30.  Being it is not the 'busy' season for weddings, our planning has just fallen into place.  We have our venue, officiant, DJ all taken care of already.
    I read about so many others stressing things and feel very lucky that I have not had those problems (at least not yet)
    The way things have been going, maybe I'll post again some time next month again....

~Manda
  • MarsarahMarsarah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My name is Sarah, and Marshall and I live in Austin, Texas. Our wedding is going to be July 31st, 2010 near CDA at my aunt and uncle's house up the moutain. It has a huge field behind it and a grassy airstrip behind their house. The end of the runway is the edge of a cliff that over looks Lake CDA; that is where our ceremony is going to take place!

Marshall and I met online in June 2007, one month before he went on a six month deployment overseas with the Navy. We fell in love through letters, emails, and phone calls. We moved in together when he got back, and we just bought a house the week of Christmas. I work full time while he goes to college for free and collects his govt pension.

We are paying for the wedding ourselves, and something in Austin was going to cost us well over $8K. Our underlying theme is "creative and practical." Everything must answer to that. We're doing a pig roast for the reception! Since it doesn't get dark until after 9pm and the ceremony will be at 4:30, there is no point into doing candles for centerpieces (and floral arrangements are way to expensive). I'm going to make watermelon planters with flats of flowers from Home Depot, then plant them in my aunt's yard. Easy clean up.

Instead of a unity candle or sand ceremony, we are going to plant a tree together so we can watch it grow as we go back over the years.

I could use some recommendations for anyone who can come to our location and do hair and make-up at a reasonable price.

To help with reserving a block of hotel rooms, I'm currently work wing hotelsbycity.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards