Kentucky-Louisville

When and Where?

I've seen this on other boards, but I don't know if I've seen it on this one.  (Because nothing ever happens on this board!!)

When and where are you getting married Louisville knotties?

I'm getting married July 10, 2010 at Beargrass Christian Church on Shelbyville Road.  For the reception we are shutting down my parent's street and having a "block party."

Re: When and Where?

• edited December 2011
    I am getting married August 7, 2010. The ceremony and the reception will both be at The Gillespie. 
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought I'd seen it here before, but then realized we did it onthe KY board last week, not the Louisville one.  LOL. 

I'm getting married October 2--100 days to go!!!--and we're doing both the ceremony and reception at the home office of the missionary organization I work for.  We own 61 acres out off Taylorsville Lake Road and we're getting married in a meadow surrounded by woods and having the reception on the back lawn of our cedar atrium building.
  • FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married June 3, 2011 - I think I have the longest to go :(

I'm almost positive our ceremony is going to be at the Cathedral of the Assumption downtown, and our reception is going to be at the Olmsted. Can't wait!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No you don't FKS! We haven't set a date/booked a venue yet, but we're looking at September or October 2011. We're also going back and forth on Louisville (where we live) and Evansville (where we're from).

If we get married in Louisville my top choices are a park/riverfront ceremony with the reception at Mellwood or the likes. Farsnley-Moremen is an option, but it's sooooooo far out there. Most of our guests will be from OTO and I don't want them getting lost in the sticks!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married October 16, 2010.  The ceremony is going to be in the Rathskeller room of the Seelbach Hilton and the reception is going to be at the new Patrick O'Sheas on Main Street in downtown Louisville.  I can't wait!  And we will be taking our honeymoon in our favored Las Vegas.
  • FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Birdie - those are great options! We looked at Mellwood too and really liked it!

Aubrav - We LOVE the Rathskeller room at the Seelbach!!  Our guest list was too big to hold everyone in there, but that room is so awesome.

Congrats everyone!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • kdmoellekdmoelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    November 11, 2010 . Our ceremony will be at the Caldwell Chapel and reception at 300 Spring in Jeffersonville, IN
     CAN'T WAIT! :)
  • edited December 2011
    FKS- I originally went to the Seelbach to tour their Mezzanine Ballroom.  Stupid me asked to just see the Rathskeller.  The room was actually completely out of my budget, but I was in LOVE with it!  So a friend of mine who came with me offered to pay the difference.  I couldn't believe it was actually available.

And the Cathedral of the Assumption was absolutely dropdead gorgeous!  But I'm not Catholic so we couldn't use it.
  • edited December 2011
    November 11, 2010....
    We were originally going to have our ceremony on the lawn of St. James Court and our reception at the old Medical school in October....however the plans have changed to a private ceremony for the two of us in St. Lucia and an at-home reception at the Ford UAW in Louisville.
  • dzgreendzgreen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are getting married at Huber's Family Farm on July 24th, 2010...can't wait!Smile

• bmerantebmerante member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    July 31st (32 more days!) at Southeast Christian Church & our reception is at Standard Country Club off of Brownsboro Road.

The Rathskellar is amazing!! We are having our rehearsal dinner there. =)
  • edited December 2011
    Yea for July brides!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married June 4, 2011 with both the ceremony and reception at the Water Tower.
  • edited December 2011

Who did you contact to rent St James Court and what was the cost?

• Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    scgrote, I"m pretty sure you rent it through the Conrad-Caldwell house: http://www.conradcaldwell.org/ I'm pretty sure they have pricing information on their website.
  • ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there!  December 18th, 2010 at Owl Creek Country Club in Anchorage!
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry....forgot to check back on this board...

scgrote...we contacted the Conrad-Caldwell house like Birdie said...I had no idea about this place until a friend of mine got married in July 2008 on the lawn...and it was AMAZING! I think it was about $700 to rent the house (which is required to use the lawn). To me, it was totally worth it because there are so many photo ops to use inside the house. Part of me wishes we were still doing it! Also, if you have 150 or less, you can also rent the hall attached to the house, which makes it super convenient. The staff at the Conrad-Caldwell house was awesome too... had no problems making appointments to meet with them and got our entire downpayment back when we changed plans. Hope this helps!
  • alheckeralhecker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    October 9th at Huber's Winery in Southern IN :)  Love it there!
  • faeriechyldfaeriechyld member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married August 7, 2010 at the Frazier Museum. :)

ZachandMere: That's where my folks live! :) 
  • edited December 2011
    November 6th, 2010 at Duncan Memorial Chapel and Reception at Woodhaven Country Club.  So Excited!  This is my dress.  I love it!
  • ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    faeriechyld that's where my parents live too!  it seemed perfect because a) it's free because we're members and b) i grew up in anchorage which is beautiful in any season.  They have been doing a lot of weddings lately - we can't wait!
  • kayray02kayray02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married May 20th 2011 at the Woodhaven Country with the reception there as well. It was not what I was wanting but his parents offered to pay for the whole thing. We were going to do a beach wedding but his parents were upset that they would miss it. I am really happy with the venue. It is so beautiful. They are really nice and helpful.... I can not wait to be married to my best friend...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards