Maryland
Options

Charging $$ to Try-On Dresses? At VnC Bridal in Laurel

I will start by saying that I have never actually been to VnC Bridal in Laurel, Maryland. Thankfully! After calling and leaving messages three times over the course of two weeks to set-up an appointment for my bridesmaids to try on dresses, as well as twice sending an email through their online form, I didn't hear back from them during that time period. I finally got ahold of someone at the store today, after making an appointment for this evening, and confirming that they had two of the four styles I was looking for in stock, I was informed that there would be a $35 fee per person to try the dresses on. I think that is the most absurd and awful thing I've heard of in this whole wedding planning process. How could you charge someone to try something on? I've never heard of that before... If they were the only store around that carried bridesmaids dresses they might be able to get away with it. But this is the Washington, D.C./Baltimore area, there are hundreds of other stores to choose from. And when you factor in their horrible customer service (I shouldn't have to call five times, during business hours, to get someone to pick up the phone), I'd recommend that any other bride/bridesmaid out there go to any one of those hundreds of stores instead of this one.

Re: Charging $$ to Try-On Dresses? At VnC Bridal in Laurel

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello-

I just wanted to say that I have no experience with this particular store.....but my bridesmaids and I were searching and searching for particular Watters styles and finally we found them while I was visiting family in Fl......but this particular store also CHARGED to try on.....we were taken back...in fact at first I think we were shocked because were not even told over the phone before we showed up.....so communication should have improved I admit...but after asking the consultant about this fee per person...

we were informed (short story) that some boutiques were starting to charged this fee due to brides coming in and using the stores as fitting rooms...using the time, their merchandise and their consultants expertise just to try on the gowns and ordering online.....but the fee which at this place was $40 (I think that was the shocker) would be credited to us when we decided on a style from them a  later time or store credit at a later time for something else.....well...4 of my girls were willing models...other than the original shocker we were happy....

I understand this service since this boutiques are run by small business owners....which in this economy it is hard to stay afloat....This service may provide the quality and service ...I sure do not find at David's.

Perhaps this store you contacted needs to improve in their communication skills.  I personally prefer providing my business to these small businesses than David's. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards