Michigan-Detroit

Dress shops in metro Detroit

Hey everyone. I haven't posted on this board before, but I'm hoping you could help me out. I got engaged a few weeks ago, and I'm going to be in Livonia this weekend to visit my parents (I was raised there). Since I live in and am planning my wedding in Maryland, I figured this is a good time to go dress shopping with my mom. I can't imagine not going for the first time with her. That being said, I'm not sure where to go. I looked up the designers I like, Essance of Australia and Maggie Sotterro, and found shops they are sold in. Since I don't actually intend to buy a dress this weekend (my wedding is still a year away), I'm really open to any place that will be fun for her and will offer us a great first experience.

Thanks!
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"

Re: Dress shops in metro Detroit

• sbradkesbradke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_dress-shops-in-metro-detroit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:20646398-46f7-42db-89ed-f36236cf4979Post:2f477461-50f9-47e7-82d5-eebeb4377fa1">Dress shops in metro Detroit</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey everyone. I haven't posted on this board before, but I'm hoping you could help me out. I got engaged a few weeks ago, and I'm going to be in Livonia this weekend to visit my parents (I was raised there). Since I live in and am planning my wedding in Maryland, I figured this is a good time to go dress shopping with my mom. I can't imagine not going for the first time with her. That being said, I'm not sure where to go. I looked up the designers I like, Essance of Australia and Maggie Sotterro, and found shops they are sold in. Since I don't actually intend to buy a dress this weekend (my wedding is still a year away), I'm really open to any place that will be fun for her and will offer us a great first experience. Thanks!
    Posted by msuprincess04[/QUOTE]

I Do Too Bridal in Plymouth.

EDITED: My dress is a Maggie. I tried on several there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 129image 102image 24image
  • My dress was a Maggie Sottero, and I bought it at Dior Bridal in downtown West Dearborn.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_dress-shops-in-metro-detroit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:20646398-46f7-42db-89ed-f36236cf4979Post:cd63014b-7ee7-4f2b-b388-8252549f34e3">Re: Dress shops in metro Detroit</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Dress shops in metro Detroit : I Do Too Bridal in Plymouth. EDITED: My dress is a Maggie. I tried on several there.
    Posted by sbradke[/QUOTE]

<div>My dress was also a Maggie, and I ALSO purchased at I Do, Too. They are wonderful.</div><div>
    </div><div>Another great shop (although a little far from Livonia) is Gina's Bridal in Milford. </div>
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just got my dress from I Do Too Bridal in Plymouth, which is not far from Livonia. They don't work on commission there so it would be a great place to try on dresses, get ideas, and just have fun!
  • Definitely check out The White Dress in Brighton.  It was the last store I went to, but I wish I had gone there first.  Definitely an amazing "bridal" experience, and the prices aren't very expensive!  It's such a cute store, and the owner has many little touches that are so personalized and special. 

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_dress-shops-in-metro-detroit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:20646398-46f7-42db-89ed-f36236cf4979Post:2f477461-50f9-47e7-82d5-eebeb4377fa1">Dress shops in metro Detroit</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey everyone. I haven't posted on this board before, but I'm hoping you could help me out. I got engaged a few weeks ago, and I'm going to be in Livonia this weekend to visit my parents (I was raised there). Since I live in and am planning my wedding in Maryland, I figured this is a good time to go dress shopping with my mom. I can't imagine not going for the first time with her. That being said, I'm not sure where to go. I looked up the designers I like, Essance of Australia and Maggie Sotterro, and found shops they are sold in. Since I don't actually intend to buy a dress this weekend (my wedding is still a year away), I'm really open to any place that will be fun for her and will offer us a great first experience. Thanks!
    Posted by msuprincess04[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards