Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

groom's attire: white dinner jacket?

FI and I are planning a vinatge inspired wedding and are considering putting him in a white /ivory jacket. He thinks it will look vintage and classic, I'm afraid it will look dated. 

which look should he wear?

1) classic black tux

2) vintage looking white jacket and black pants

FYI, our wedding is very simple. This is my dress. I'm wearing it with my grandma's lace wedding veil, satin kitten heels, and a simple single pearl necklace. My dress is simple and elegant, but not super formal.

Our venue is a beautiful historic building with stone walls and 25foot ceilings with exposed original beams. We are going for a romantic, vinatge, simple look :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: groom's attire: white dinner jacket?

• Options
    You can't go wrong with either.  FI should definitely go with what he wants!
  • Options
    I think both are great looks because they are classic.  Don't do any of that matching the bridesmaids' dresses color crap.  I am getting married this summer in my Navy dress white uniform and am having my groomsmen wear white dinner jackets so we look somewhat uniform, even though they are wearing civilian "mess dress."  If it's good enough for Humphrey Bogart in "Casablanca" (arguably the greatest film of all time!) it should be good enough for your fiance to rock on W-Day!  ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards