Illinois-Chicago
Options

need help with STD wording

Cross posting this from the Aug 2011 board...

FI and I are working on our STD's and after going through our engagement pics, I decided that there aren't any that I think are right for the STD.  What I would like to do is a postcard with a picture of the Eiffel Tower on the back and maybe a small photo and info on the front.

The signficance of the Eiffel Tower is that when I was in high school, I saw (okay, actually interrupted) a couple getting engaged at the top of the Eiffel Tower.  I always told FI that I thought it would be super romantic to get engaged there.  When he proposed, he directed me to the Christmas tree where he put an Eiffel Tower ornament with a little tag on it instructing me to turn around where he was down on one knee.  He told me it wasn't quite Paris but he couldn't wait until we actually made it there to propose. 

I want to put a cute quote on the part of the postcard with the Eiffel Tower pic but I'm having a hard time coming up with something I like.  I saw an example in a magazine, which is where I got the idea in the first place, but the quote was kinda cheesy - something like "Beneath these twinkling lights, one word joined two ever more." 

Does anyone have any ideas for the wording that would work with the picture?

Thanks! 

Re: need help with STD wording

• Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm really bad with coming up with cute/poignant quotes!  I'm sure you've tried googling different quote websites? Or maybe something in a Shakespeare/Emerson poem/reading?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Eiffel Tower will probably mean more if you explain the story.  You could write it up in a cute way and include it with the picture.  As long as it wont embarrass FI too much. 

You could do something like "She dreamed of an Eiffel Tower proposal, he gave her twinkling lights and a tiny shining version of the real thing with a promise to take her someday but for now ... They are getting married!!! 

This is still a little cheesy and I am sure you could do much better but thats what I came up with in 20 seconds.  :)

This STD doesn't have wording but it has an Eiffel Tower ...
    http://shop.getmarried.com/Invitations/Save-the-Dates/2909-GMF60404EIF-Eiffel-Tower-Save-the-Date.pro

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards