Wedding Reception Forum

After party?

We are having an afternoon reception, wrapping around 5:00 pm.

My maid of honour has offered to host an after party (keg + ipod, nothin fancy), at her home in the evening around 8:00 for those looking to 'party' after the wedding.

Question is - how do we invite people? It doesn't seem appropriate to include it on the formal invitation. It would be weird to send out another invitation ontop of the wedding invite. And word of mouth could work, but heaven forbid someone now be told and then get angry. 

Just not sure how to properly go about this. 

Re: After party?

• If she's hosting, invitations would be her responsiblity.  If she wants to send out a mailing, that's fine.  It would also be ok for her to do an evite or just spread it by word of mouth.  
  • I think word of mouth would be best. People will likely spread the word during the reception about the after party. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_after-party-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:12f1523e-1d34-43e6-9f26-56efb1524416Post:44918ac1-8389-4dd1-8ff9-d7af0eddd631">After party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having an afternoon reception, wrapping around 5:00 pm. My maid of honour has offered to host an after party (keg + ipod, nothin fancy), at her home in the evening around 8:00 for those looking to 'party' after the wedding. Question is - how do we invite people? It doesn't seem appropriate to include it on the formal invitation. It would be weird to send out another invitation ontop of the wedding invite. And word of mouth could work, but heaven forbid someone now be told and then get angry.  Just not sure how to properly go about this. 
    Posted by colz87[/QUOTE]

I am getting married in a local hotel and am planning on the reception ending about 930 - knowing myself, my family and our friends we know the party won't stop then.   Since everything is taking place at the hotel (ceremony , cocktail hour and reception ) and we will have alcohol at the reception and cocktail hour I do not want anyone driving.   Since I wont have to rent transportation the day of (with everything happening in 1 place ) AND a lot of people will be staying at the hotel .... we are renting a bus for after the reception to go to a local bar ( my favorite ) and bring everyone back again later that night to the hotel.

Since my family and the bar people are friends they are going to hire and pay for whatever band is available that we really want to have play that night AND they are paying for them because we will be bringing in at LEAST 20-25 people that night -

i have already started spreading the word - especially to local people so they can hopefully plan on staying at the hotel - and i don't have to worry about drinking and driving people in a city they are not familiar with - otherwise if you are inviting everyone - you can just make an announcement at the reception but make sure you have directions printed up    
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards