Canada-Ontario

affordable french macarons?

can anyone reccomend a good place for french macarons in or around the city?

price to beat is $0.89/piece at vincenzo's in waterloo!

around $1.00 a piece would be sufficient so I don't have to drive there...

Re: affordable french macarons?

• Are you using them for favours? Keep in mind they don't keep long before they lose their crispiness. We have had luck storing ours in the freezer. It's a hard price to beat, but if you can find a friend who knows how to make them (rather tricky to make as baked goods go) you can save a bundle.
  • I know there's a Brampton macaron place...I`ll find out the name for you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_affordable-french-macarons?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:0da3d905-02f0-4ffa-a8cc-4bae0ee5a4edPost:58a0685f-e6e0-43b8-9227-48172c3a01e5">affordable french macarons?</a>:
    [QUOTE]can anyone reccomend a good place for french macarons in or around the city? price to beat is $0.89/piece at <strong>vincenzo's in waterloo</strong>! around $1.00 a piece would be sufficient so I don't have to drive there...
    Posted by nmcarthur[/QUOTE]

I actually dont have anything helpful to add but I wanted to say.....
    LOVE that place! Funny enough FI worked there all through his undergrad (but at the old location on belmont)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • update: whole foods does it by weight.. and i think i was able to price it out at about .70 cents per piece of i was correct, but still open for options. whole foods imports them in from somewhere, and they're really, really hit/miss on freshness. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards