Wedding Party
Options

WP gifts

What are you giving y our BMs and GMs? I know, I know...shop for them like it's their birthday. But how many of you are actually doing that?

I got my girls:

jewellery roll for traveling (all of them travel a lot)
necklace
robe
do I need more? That's about $50 in stuff, maybe $60...

My fiance can't decide what to get the guys...suggestions/ideas? I saw these beer can koozies with moustaches that he wants to get them, but don't know if we should do like a beer/drinking themed basked or something, or what.

Are you planning on getting your parents gifts? What if they're not hosting (ie: my parents are paying, and FMIL is paying for some, but FFIL isn't contributing).

Re: WP gifts

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wp-gifts-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:8e3c17df-f52d-481b-926a-69f36370c91cPost:611d03bd-9696-44b9-9960-82c9e512928f">WP gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]What are you giving y our BMs and GMs? I know, I know...shop for them like it's their birthday.<strong> But how many of you are actually doing that</strong>? I got my girls: jewellery roll for traveling (all of them travel a lot) necklace robe do I need more? That's about $50 in stuff, maybe $60... My fiance can't decide what to get the guys...suggestions/ideas? I saw these beer can koozies with moustaches that he wants to get them, but don't know if we should do like a beer/drinking themed basked or something, or what. Are you planning on getting your parents gifts? What if they're not hosting (ie: my parents are paying, and FMIL is paying for some, but FFIL isn't contributing).
    Posted by funandfreckles[/QUOTE]

I did just that.  Both of my girls love purses so I would have purchased them purses whether or not it was their birthday or for a WP gift.

As far as if you need more...it really comes down to how much you want to spend per person.  As for your FI, he should know his friends best and thus should know what they like to do and their hobbies.  For example, my H got his friends a tervis tumbler and then put a $50 gift card to a store that they would normally purchase things from (Game Stop for video games, Sears for tools, XBOX points for the major gamers, etc)  Also, many of his guys were from OOT so a small sized gift was easiest for them to put in their carry-on.

• Options
    I am getting my BMs a necklace they can all wear again (I have been in weddings - and thank goodness at least two of the necklaces have been ones that I have worn again and again)

My FI is getting the GM really nice beer steins. 

You have to decide whether you got them enough (and quality does matter but you also shouldn't go broke over it either).  I always found a nice handwritten thank you to be really nice, ecspecially when it was personalized and not just a "Thanks for being in my wedding party! Love, Jane"
  • Options
    Are the necklaces for your wedding?  Are they something each girl is likely to get a lot of use out of outside of the wedding?  Do your girls wear robes?  Are the robes nice, high quality robes?  These are the things that determine if they are really good gifts for your girls.  Personally, I'd never use the jewelry roll or likely wear the necklace ever again, and I may or may not use the robe depending on what kind it is.  I love a good robe, but because of that, I already HAVE a great bathrobe, winter robe, and summer robe, so it would have to be better than one of those for me to use it instead of just donating it.

The necklaces aren't for the wedding - if they want to wear them, great, but otherwise, I know they will love them. They are a nice, high quality robe with a trendy fabric. I also know none of them have a nice robe (two are my sisters one is my best friend). And I know they'll use the jewelry rolls as well, so those parts I'm actually not to worried about...
  • Options
    The only other two weddings I've been in, I've just gotten jewelry to wear the day of, and never ever wore again. Not even thought about it. so I'm thinking in our circle, that's fairly common.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wp-gifts-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:8e3c17df-f52d-481b-926a-69f36370c91cPost:334fd1ac-3dab-44e4-ba7f-2527c13ceace">Re: WP gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]The only other two weddings I've been in, I've just gotten jewelry to wear the day of, and never ever wore again. Not even thought about it. so I'm thinking in our circle, that's fairly common.
    Posted by funandfreckles[/QUOTE]

<div>But look at how you feel about it.  Just because it's common, doesn't mean it's okay.  </div><div>
    </div><div>And I will fully admit I got all my girls the same thing, albeit in different colors and not wedding-related at all.  But I got it knowing it was something they would love and use, and to this day I've seen them all use it.  If you trust that they will use it/love it, then go for it.  </div>
  • Options
    It's common in my circle to give wedding jewelry too, but I didn't do it, because I know whenever it's been gifted to me, it's sat in my jewelry box going unworn until I eventually donate it. Just because it's common, doesn't mean you have to do it. Break the cycle! :)

All my BMs love wine and drink it regularly, so I got each a bottle of wine from our local winery that she would like (each girl got a different bottle based on the type of wine she drinks) and then got each a gift card to a place they each shop. So while the gifts were very similar, each was tailored to that BM's personal taste and likes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    I got all of my attendants the same thing, but it was something I would have happily given each for their birthday or Christmas.  DH got his attendants all different gifts, again, with their tastes and interests in mind.  Getting them some random junk that they wouldn't actually use or like just so you can say you got them something doesn't benefit anyone.  Sometimes people all do the same thing because they always do the same thing, not because it actually works or makes sense at all.

As for parents, they all got gift cards in the same denominations (even though my parents paid and his parents didn't).  They also got albums for Christmas.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Tons of cute unique gift ideas! check out http://www.etsy.com/shop/moonstonecreation. it is such a cute shop with tons of handstamped jewelry, bottle openers, military related jewelry, keychains, cufflinks, etc... Makes great wedding gifts for bridesmaids & groomsmen. I really like the handstamped necklaces for the BMs.  and the bottle opener key chain for the guys.  it says "eat, drink, and be married!" hahahaha!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards