Flowers
Options

Matching with Black?

I am going with black for my bridesmaids and am having SUCH a hard time deciding on what flowers would look best with the black. Any suggestions?

Re: Matching with Black?

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Black was my second choice for BM dresses and I was either going to do all white roses (which I did anyway even though I ended up going with champagne), or all red roses.

That being said, almost any color will look good against black.  I personally love pink against black and I never get tired of that color combo.  Google "___ and black wedding" (insert the color) and under images, lots of inspiration boards should come up and that can help alot.
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could always do a bouquet with a mix of flowers and colors to match the theme/ season.
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have an "all over" color scheme? In other words, have you thought about any other colors you will have, such as table covers, etc?

We are having the BM pick their own black dresses due to significant age & size differentials. Our other colors are white/cream & silver. These colors will be on the tables, and the BM will carry all white flowers, perhaps with a touch of silver inserted, or silver bows.

Any color goes with black, so if you have other colors that you love, use them.

Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like you want a different color, but my theme is black and white and I am having white roses, black calla lillies and black feathers.  I'm REALLY excited about having black flowers in my bouquet :)
  • Options
    msktn95msktn95 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_matching-black?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:6607ce3c-290a-401d-86ff-3b09e435d9f8Post:d154649f-3dc1-4239-b898-3dc5e3cab53c">Matching with Black?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am going with black for my bridesmaids and am having SUCH a hard time deciding on what flowers would look best with the black. Any suggestions?
    Posted by FutureMrsSteelers[/QUOTE]

I am going with black for my bridesmaid also.  I was thinking about red roses, but I saw some wedding pictures earlier with calla lillies.  I love lillies so I might have the bridemaids carry the lillies.
    Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Black can be depressing so you want to offset the dark sleekness with something bright.   My SIL used red and white roses.   A friend of mine used Fuschia and Orange lilies and gerberas.  Both of these arrangements popped against the bright colors.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My bridesmaids are in a black and white floral print dress and I plan on using bright pink against them for a pop. I agree with PP when they say most colors against black would look good, but it depends on what other colors you plan on using.
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards