Registry and Gift Forum

Our Macy's registry is dumb.

Anyone have this problem?

We are registered at Macy's and BB&B. I keep having to check my Macy's registry because things keep becoming unavailable. Plus the dishes and bedding that we registered for now says "Limited Quantities Available".

I didn't realize that they would discountinue items this quickly. We are not having these issues with BB&B. It's kind of stupid.

Frustrating, thanks for letting me vent.
Anniversary

Re: Our Macy's registry is dumb.

• How dumb is it?

::ba-dum-chhhhh::

Sorry though. That does sound frustrating. You'd think the registry is one of the easier things to do.
  • Agreed.  I've found the Macy's registry to being fairly frustrating.  A lot of the stuff we registered for in the store turned out to not be available online.  So we had to find different versions of the items we scanned that were available online.  I

t's been a pain, but I've still found that my older relatives and parents' friends prefer to buy wedding gifts at a department store like Macy's.
  • I have had a lot of little items on my Macy's registry become unavailable, but none of the big sets of things like dishes and flatware.  A bed-in-a-bag set that we registered for has shown "limited quantities available" for about 3 months now, but it's still there.
    Married 10/2/10
  • I have a lot of things online that aren't available online, but I still see them when I'm at the store.  I wouldn't stress about it too much.  The only things that are probably totally and completely unavailable are seasonal (like we had some grillware that won't be coming our way....).  

I don't think a lot of people buy registry stuff online.  It depends on your situation, but out of two showers and maybe 40-50 gifts, 2 were purchased online.
  • My Macy's registry ticked me off, because the dinnerwar I wanted to register for is unable to "Add to Registry"....really? I wish I knew that ahead of time and maybe I wouldn't have registered at Macy's and just stuck to my BBB registry. I have to say, I do prefer Macy's bedding and bath towels over BBB - so it's not a total waste for me.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We only had a Macy's registry and it was SOOOOO annoying. Unfortunately, we liked a lot of what they had... but their system sucks. We got a few duplicate gifts because it was never taken off the registry too! 

• Mine is doing this too!!! My mom and MOH bought the same gift at Macy's; my mom watched the lady scan the registry but it never got taken off. I got 2 gifts and only registered for one because it never updated the remaining quantity in the system. Also, Macy's and Belk keeps saying that everyone has to order things because they don't have it in the store!

I'll never use Belk for anything else! Both are completely stupid though!
    Anniversary
  • I noticed this... we're having a rather long engagement and items off of both my BB+B and Macy's accounts would come off all the time (they weren't seasonal either). What store goes through this much luggage?!? I've had to register for luggage 5 times!
    Anyway, I started an Amazon registry and when it comes time for my shower I'm going to have my mom and MOH pass the word that where ever it can be bought on the cheap is good with me (some of the price differences are crazy), and I'll give the 2 of them access to the reg so if someone gets something they can just let them know and the two of them can take it off.

H-Bomb!!!
  • We have had the same problem too. My Sis-in-law went a couple weeks ago to get a gift for us and they told her that she had to order the items, that ALL of the items we selected were only on display in the store (we did ours in the same store she was in). So you mean to tell me that all 20 of those bamboo spoons over there are just on display!?!? I'm over them too. I would not recommend using Macy's to anyone now!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards