June 2012 Weddings
Options

Placecard Names

One of the last big things on the list is to finish up is the placecards. I have a couple ppl last names that I have no clue what they are but slowly figuring them out. I'm trying to collect them all so there aren't any just first name cards. My one dilemma is FI coworker. He lives with his gf and they have two kids. I know they are not married but they wrote her in on the rsvp card with his last name... I have no idea what her actual last name is. My main problem with writing her in with his last name is that it's commen knowledge among that group that they aren't married so she can continue to collect/ take advantage of single motherhood programs, tax deductions etc. This really irks me a on personal level but I'm at a loss as to how handle it.

Re: Placecard Names

• Options
    Mr. ____ __________ and Ms. _______ _________

Facebook is pretty helpful for collecting proper names.  Or have FI ask his co-worker what her last name is.
  • Options
    check facebook. but, i would just get your FI to ask. That should not be a problem at all.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I hear you, that would bother me as well.  I agree that you could try some facebook investigating or just ask FI to ask her last name.  If you can't find it out then all you can really do is put her with his last name.  It sucks but its not the end of the world, and you probably won't think about it once on your actual wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies... I struck out pretty hard on Facebook so I had FI ask his CW and he told him his last name.... WTF? Guess I am just going to put his last name. Not sure why this bothers me so much but it's just getting under my skin right now.
  • Options
    kipnuskipnus member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    That's weird...are you sure they didn't get quietly get married in the last little while?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards