Maryland
Options

Where do I buy wedding band?

Hi, I am looking to buy my fiance his wedding band, a titanium band because he doesn't like jewelry and wants something light and simple (4mm). I live in Howarwd County, but where do you go to buy the wedding band? Do you shop online at the one of the many sites, or go to the mall at like Kays or Zales?

Thanks so much,

Re: Where do I buy wedding band?

• Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I got my fiances wedding band at Jared's in White Marsh (but I am sure there are other locations around Maryland).  His is tungsten and carbon fiber and was a reasonable price. 

I wouldn't buy a titanium ring just because I have heard that it can't be resized and I also heard a horror story which involved a man who hurt his hand. His hand proceeded to swell and since titanium is such a hard metal the doctors had to break the man's finger in a few places to get the ring off instead of being able to cut the ring off like you could with softer metals...his ring finger now can't bend because of it.  At first my fiance wanted titanium but then I told him this story and he decided against it LOL!

• Options
    blinkybeerblinkybeer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_buy-wedding-band?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:627Discussion:7eb08e13-0e7d-49b7-88eb-cc517d4efb50Post:e17b5462-9f4e-4e1a-adde-53720914aca9">Re: Where do I buy wedding band?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't buy a titanium ring just because I have heard that it can't be resized and I also heard a horror story which involved a man who hurt his hand. His hand proceeded to swell and since titanium is such a hard metal the doctors had to break the man's finger in a few places to get the ring off instead of being able to cut the ring off like you could with softer metals...his ring finger now can't bend because of it.  At first my fiance wanted titanium but then I told him this story and he decided against it LOL!
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

We were told that titanium couldn't be resized too, but DF liked the white gold better.  Phew...this story is horrible.

OP there are a few small mom and pop jewelers in Ellicott City (Bermans).  They are more likely to bargin with you too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_buy-wedding-band?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:627Discussion:7eb08e13-0e7d-49b7-88eb-cc517d4efb50Post:e17b5462-9f4e-4e1a-adde-53720914aca9">Re: Where do I buy wedding band?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got my fiances wedding band at Jared's in White Marsh (but I am sure there are other locations around Maryland).  His is tungsten and carbon fiber and was a reasonable price.  I wouldn't buy a titanium ring just because I have heard that it can't be resized and I also heard a horror story which involved a man who hurt his hand. His hand proceeded to swell and since titanium is such a hard metal the doctors had to break the man's finger in a few places to get the ring off instead of being able to cut the ring off like you could with softer metals...his ring finger now can't bend because of it.  At first my fiance wanted titanium but then I told him this story and he decided against it LOL!
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

Tungsten can't be re-sized, either.  That's why it's best to buy from a company that offers a lifetime sizing guarantee - they will replace (not resize) the ring as many times as you need throughout your life.  I know many places also offer replacements if the ring needs to be cut off for a medical emergency - because <strong>YES, the ring can be cut off</strong>.  If they couldn't get that guy's ring off, it was because they didn't have the proper tools available, and the same thing would have happened with another metal - most medical facilites should have tools that can remove rings, so a lot of these stories are utter BS.  This is not a titanium issue - and if you're truly worried becuase of what happened to your friend, I hate to tell you, but tungsten is the same.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Palladium is another option for bands if you're worried about resizing.. That's what FI went with.

He got my e-ring from Boone & Sons in Chevy Chase, MD. We're getting our bands from there as well. They're really great to work with and have a great selection. There are also stores in DC and McClean, VA.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've been going to Reeds at the Columbia mall for rings and other jewelry. If we ever have a problem, their customer support is great. And the people who work there are really personable. They remembered us after our first purchase, and say hi just when we walk by.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards