Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Flowers

Who are you using for flowers? I would love to stay local, to support local businesses but, I worry that most local florists all have the same beach theme flowers, blue, green, white and hydrangea. I am NOT looking for that at all, as we are getting married in December. 

Can you recommend someone who can give me what I want? Thanks :)

Re: Flowers

• edited December 2011

I would try Karen Bryden - she has been really creative and helpful with our flowers so far (my wedding isn't until June so I can't give a review of the final product, but I also don't want roses, and hydrangeas don't go with my wedding colors).

www.petalsbytheseacapecod.com

There aren't many pictures on her website, but she's great to work with, and reasonably priced

HTH

• edited December 2011
    Meredith Fancy - a lot of brides on this site have highly recommended her. She has the reputation of being expensive, but she gave me very reasonable prices and is working within my budget. And her work is beautiful.

There are other threads on this topic that can give you other ideas. I did not check out Karen Bryden, but she also comes highly recommended (as evidenced by the above post). HTH
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also working with Karen Bryden and am psyched to work with her.  I also had looked into Courtney's Floral Creations in Falmouth (courtneysfloralcreations.com). She was recommended to me, and seemed really nice, but is out of my price range.  

HTH!

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    I am using Jen Cahill of The Tangled Web. She is out of Pembroke but travels to the cape all the time. She is really creative and reasonably priced.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Jen Cahill of The Tangled Web in Pembroke. She is goes to the cape all the time. She is super creative and really reasonably priced. Check out the boston board, tons of girls used and are using her and love her.
  • edited December 2011
    I second Meredith Fancy.  I did not find her prices high on flowers (maybe for rentals like votive candles, but I bought my own elsewhere).  I, too, did not want the typical beachy Cape Cod look as my wedding was in mid May.  She used gorgeous pink peonies as the dominant flower in my displays.  And she was very open to my ideas and suggestions.
  • emh777emh777 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been working with Karen Bryden for the past month or so and I am meeting with her this week - so far she has been wonderful and is very creative and reasonably priced!  I'll let you know how our meeting goes.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • emh777emh777 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Met with Karen and loved her - she was just great!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Karen Bryden & she is great to work with.  I feel totally confident with her abilities & her prices make her even better.  I brought pictures, but was/am totally clueless on flower names.  She had tons of patience with me & made me feel so great because she seemed to get really excited about my wedding.  She requires 1/3 down as a deposit (very resonable IMO) & allows you to change/add up till she goes to Boston to hand pick your flowers.

Sorry this got so long!!!  To sum it up, I love Karen!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards