Catholic Weddings

Where to Wed?

My husband and I eloped last year and none of our family was there to see it.  Now, we want to renew our vows in front of them but don't know where.  We were thinking somewhere in the carribean.  Any suggestions for an all inclusive not too expensive for everyone?

Re: Where to Wed?

• meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, you posted this on "Catholic Weddings", so I'm going to go ahead and tell you to find a church. Not expensive at all. Sometimes free.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

are you looking to make your marriage official in the eyes of the church and receive your sacrament?  if so, then you need to have a convalidation performed.  if that is what you are seeking, contact the church where you attend (or if you dont attend, you will most likely have to become members or regular attendees at a church) and then meet with the priest.  you will have to do precana and all of the usual requirements for a Catholic wedding.

• Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what this has to do with Catholic Weddings but you could try Sandals or Beaches resorts in the Bahamas and Jamaica.  They offer free weddings if you stay there a certain number of nights.  There are also cabanas with private pools that can accomodate up to sixteen people so your guests can hang out with each other.  Those are more pricey though. All inclusive resorts seem expensive but the fact that you never tip anyone or pay for alcohol or food makes it a lot cheaper. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards