Ohio-Cincinnati

Calling all Southgate and Ft Thomas Community Center brides!

Hi!
I am looking into the Ft Thomas Community Center and Southgate Community Center for my wedding and reception. Did any of you have an outdoor ceremony at either of these locations? Im upset that FTCC wont rent out the ampitheater, but they said that you can host a ceremony on the side lawn or the front porch (but you have to rent some extra chairs and set it all up yourself). I haven't asked Southgate about having a ceremony outside, but I'm sure it can be done.
Also, does anyone have any good/bad reviews from using either of these places? Which do you think is the better location? Or if you know of any similarly priced options (that still allow you to bring in your own caterer and alcohol), I would love to hear them!

Thanks!

Re: Calling all Southgate and Ft Thomas Community Center brides!

• I know that Southgate has fewer restrictions and because of that I would go with them. I don't like the way that Fort Thomas charges by the hour and you can't decorate the building the way you want.

I know when I talked to Ft. Thomas last year they said the plan was to rent out the ampitheater by this year. Did they say why you cant rent it out?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • They told me that they arent planning to rent out the ampitheater for another 2 years because it isnt done yet...
  • I know this is off topic, but have you thought about Fairfield Community Arts Center? They're similar and they also let you bring in your own caterer.

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I using the FTCC for my wedding in September and we are thinking about using the side lawn area for the ceremony as well. We looked at the amphitheater but there is no place for seating. There is a couple of feet of level ground after the stage but then it's a fairly steep hill. The only other issue I've had has been with the catering contract. Just make sure that your caterer has the proper insurance. Other than that the place is beautiful and I'm really excited. Good luck and happy planning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards