Second Weddings
Options

I think I'm going to return my dress

I bought my dress online because I loved it in the picture. But the first time I tried on my dress I thought "Ugh, get this OFF of me!"  The second time I thought "Oh, I guess it's okay." The return policy date is coming up, I should decide this weekend and I just don't know.

The reason I'm posting here is because I'm sitting here thinking "It's just my second wedding," "It's just a small event," "You look fine, just wear it."  Not so much that I don't deserve it, but that it doesn't seem to matter if everything is "perfect" like the first time, that it only matters we'll be married. Still, I don't think I love this one..

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I think I'm going to return my dress

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I say return it if you don't love it.  It does matter, and if you feel that it's not the perfect dress for you it will affect your big day!! Being a second time bridedoesn't make it any less important!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where'd you get it at?
  • Options
    RNMOMTO3RNMOMTO3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went through that dilemma of should I just go for something casual and unwedding like or go total bride when I was considering what to wear. I got advice from an older woman that I respect greatly that got remarried last year and kind of looked at what celebrity second-time-arounds were wearing. My ex-husband's current wife even wore a big poufy white dress when they got married, and it was her 3rd!!! You should look and feel beautiful on YOUR wedding day. Don't settle because you are under the incorrect assumption that you don't deserve to wear the outfit that makes you look and feel beautiful. You do!!! Wear what you want.
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wear what you love, whether it's your first wedding or your 21st. This wedding is just as important (maybe even more so) as a first and shouldn't be treated any differently. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's J. Crew. Avery (http://www.jcrew.com/womens_special_sizes/size16/dresses/PRDOVR~72169/72169.jsp)  There's a post around here somewhere of a pic of me in it. I think I'll try it on once more tonight or Friday (if FI was ever out of the house!), then it's going back this weekend :( Thanks ladies !
  • Options
    Mrs0toBeMrs0toBe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't feel beautiful in it, take it back.   You shouldn't have to convince yourself that you like it. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Return it.

Otherwise you'll end up ordering something with overnight shipping from David's Bridal a week before your ceremony because that's when you finally realized you couldn't convince yourself you liked the dress. Embarassed
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Returned it Saturday. Back to square one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards