Wisconsin

Photographer Help!

Okay, so I've now dragged my feet so long on picking out a photographer that I'm having trouble finding one! (down to 9 months left). So I could use some help getting as many suggestions as possible hoping someone I like is still available.  Here's what I'm looking for in a photographer if possible....
*All day pics (getting ready, ceremony, and reception about 10+ hours)
*Two photographers would be preferred.
*Cd with pics, rights to print.
*Edited pics
*Under 2000, more like 1500ish would be preferred.
*Wedding is in Franklin,wi
*Mostly creative pictures with a few of the traditional ones in there.

I'm so picky on the quality of the pics that I everyone I LOVE is out of my price range, or its someone I like but isn't available.
 Please Help! I'm worried I won't find someone in time and its the one thing I care about most besides my dress!  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photographer Help!

• I'm going through Ari Rosenthal photography - he's really reasonably priced and his photographers do great work, you can kind of choose what style you want based on what photographer you pick.  I haven't had my engagement session yet but our dealings with Ari have been very smooth.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used http://adamtphotography.com/ and was very happy.  He is only 1 photographer, but I think he might have an assistant that can come.  He should be able to meet your other requirements. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm going with Daisy Fields Photography. She is $700 for all day, however long you want her. And all of the prints are yours to keep and do what you want with. http://www.daisyfieldsphotography.org/wedding.php
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you guys for jumping in with suggestions! Daisy fields is booked for sept. 2012 already, but I think I will contact ari and adam to check out they're availability. Any other suggestions please send them my way!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bridejlbridejl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going with Optic Light Photography and paying about 1600 for 10 hours day of, e-pics, second shooter, and cd with rights to pics. Our e-pics haven't been taken yet but he is also my cousin's photographer, and their e-pics turned out awesome! We really liked that his style is a mix of creative and traditional (he told us that which style he uses depends on the time of day- i.e., traditional pics at the church, but creative at the reception type of thing.)

Also OP, I'm from Franklin! Where is the location of your wedding? :)
    Edit: If you don't mind me asking of course, sorry for being nosy :P
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I am using Lola Mae Images for my June 2012 wedding. They are based out of Madison but travel to the Milwaukee area for free. They are a husband/wife team, but they are young and very creative. My package is $1100 for both of them to be their all day, cd w/ rights, DVD slideshow, an album, and engagement session. The website is www.lolamaeimages.com.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • bridejl- Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take a look. We are getting married at the Polish Center. I love the ceremony space! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm bridejl's cousin :) And we LOVE Kevin @ Optic Light Photography, our E-Pics turned out great (feel free to check them out HERE) and he's been really great as we get closer to the wedding. I know he said he was raising prices a little bit (and kind of rightfully so, I think he does great work), but I'm not sure how much.

Also, SO jealous you're getting married at the Polish Center. I think if either of us could have squeezed our families in there, bridejl and I would both have our weddings there :) It's so beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Katie- Thank you for letting me see your e-pics! They look great! I am in the works of setting up an appt. to meet with Kevin. So thank you both for the recommendation! Hopefully it works out, he has my date available!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lindsay-Jones-Photography/279855812061177
    or
    http://lindsayjonesphotography.com/mainpage.html

Reasonable prices and excellent photos!  She's just a blast to work with and located out of Oak Creek. 
  • We are also going with Light Source Photography.  Cathleen is amazing.  Our engagement photos turned out great and recently she took boudior photos and the sneak peek is amaing.  She seriously can do anything.  Were 151 days from our wedding and I cannot wait to see the photos.
  • I had Joe Hang do our E's and Wedding pics.  He is by himself, but does an amazing job- and he did way more than he was asked! He was at the salon before me, and was the very last one to leave the reception- he even helped my parents load gifts and stuff into their car.  He is amazing!! If you look on his site, we are Jon and Katie on the blog.  Definetly reccomend him!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Check us out (www.ReillyImages.com)... it looks like your wedding is Sept 8th?  If so, we still have this date open.  

We provide heirloom quality images that will capture your memories.  All of our packages include unlimited photographs for the day (no time limits), a custom-made album, and we don't charge for travel expenses (we are based in Madison).  

Most importantly, you will have beautiful images of one of the most important days of your life.  

~Megan

ReillyImages.com
    megan@reillyimages.com
  • Check out Alex and Natalie Nelson at www.alexandnatalie.com. Their price range is about your max, but they have two photographers and they work ALL day, and I mean it!  They stayed from 8am to 9pm on our wedding day, and they ended up taking 1300+ pictures, all included on a CD, which is in the cost.  They are super friendly, extremely professional, and wonderful to work with!
  • What is the average cost of a photographer?  Would you recommend having 2 photographers there? I am getting married in Hartland and the reception is in Wales. Does anyone have any suggestions for people out this way?
  • The cost of photographers can vary depending on what you want all included. I had Heidi Joy Photography do my wedding and was very pleased not only with the quality, but also the price (She was very reasonable!!!) http://www.heidijoyphoto.com/
    Also as far as two photographers goes, I only had her and she didnt have a problem getting all the images I wanted and requested. Alot of times two photographers can be helpful if you have a short period of time before the wedding and wanted all those getting ready shots of the groomsmen and bridesmaids, but really I didnt find it necessary. If you cut out the second photographer you could do a photobooth which my guests really enjoyed!

• Thank you everyone for all the suggestions. Through one of the photographers above that was already booked they actually suggested a few others. We met with two photographers and are going with K & M Photography. It is a husband/wife team and we really like them. Can't wait for our e-pics so we can make sure we like them lol. But if anyone else is still looking we also met with Christina Warren out of waukesha. She was awesome and right in our price range. We just decided we liked the idea of having two photographers. (well FI liked the idea of having one with him) If you talk to Christina tell her you got the recommendation from me. (she compensates you even if you didnt book but you recommended someone who did.)

www.kandmphoto.com
    www.warrensphotoandvideo.com

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jeff Lazewski at Gravidee was amazing. Very creative and professional! Www.Blog.gravideedesign.com He was good at finding unique locations to shoot at. We loved his engagement and wedding pictures and would recommend home to our friends and family!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards