Texas-Austin

Help! Can't find cheap venues!

Hi ladies, can anyone recommend a venue for a Sunday in October that would be less than $2000?  I'm planning a friend's wedding and we looked at the Caswell house and she did not care for it at all.  She doesn't want anything too rustic or country looking either.  They will be having 100 or less guests so it's too big for Chapel Dulcinea.  Does anyone know of any other places around Austin that would fit this budget???  Please HELP!

Re: Help! Can't find cheap venues!

• I believe my venue is $1500 for a Sunday.  It's Mansion at Judges Hill and was built in the early 1900's so it has great architecure and beauty.  The staff there have been amazing and their food is awesome.  Highly recommend them.  We are getting married there in October as well :)
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • EllyrooEllyroo member
    First Comment

Le San Michele. It's in Buda, TX and is $350 an hour including tables/chairs. It's an outdoor wedding venue so you need a plan B for rain. They have an indoor area but only accomodates 80 people. I had the same problem as your friend finding a venue that wasn't too country/rustic but was outdoor and not crazy expensive. I am getting married there in March, 2013 and absolutely love it. The owner, Virginia is very nice and helpful. Also, the place is very well maintained and landscaped so you don't need to buy a lot of extra decorations/flowers for outdoors. Best of luck!
    www.lesanmichele.com

• Where you able to avoid the parking fees for mansion at Judges Hill?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_help-cant-find-cheap-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:126Discussion:bfeef4b5-51a8-4499-ac3e-cc51158709b0Post:f9ad89c9-8a06-4b8a-93ea-45480f231030">Re: Help! Can't find cheap venues!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I believe my venue is $1500 for a Sunday.  It's Mansion at Judges Hill and was built in the early 1900's so it has great architecure and beauty.  The staff there have been amazing and their food is awesome.  Highly recommend them.  We are getting married there in October as well :)
    Posted by ystaalenburg[/QUOTE]
  • If you are looking for an affordable reception space, you might want to check out my Art Gallery in Central Austin called Gallery Black Lagoon.

Friday & Saturday Pricing: $500 for 5 Hour Rental, $800 for a 10 Hour Rental
    Sunday – Thursday Pricing: $325 for 5 Hour Rental, $600
    for a 10 Hour Rental
    Prices include seating for 60, 15 6ft tables, table cloths and more.

http://galleryblacklagoon.wordpress.com/rental-space/

Capacity
    for the gallery is around 150 People standing only (without tables or chairs setup), 70 seated theatre style in main room, or 60 seated at 6ft tables in the main room with more standing room available for 30 in front room. 1750 sq ft of space -> with all tables and chairs setup, MAX Capacity is 100 people.

Hope that helps some!
    -Singer
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards