Second Weddings

Re: M

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_mixed-feelings-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:c44c72cb-11fc-4a36-878c-191455c06d2fPost:b6733c73-71dd-402c-aed5-4ab6adfc0ad2">Mixed feelings- in a wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will be in a wedding soon.  The people who are getting married, it will be their third marriage.  They are 50-60yrs old.  And they are making it themed wedding (a very weird/costumey theme too).  I'm finding it very difficult to be excited about this event.  I'm glad the couple is happy together and ready to continue their lives together as one.  But I can't help but feeling irritated for <strong>having to</strong> attend (in costume, calling off work, traveling).  I also feel irritated that this couple is spending A LOT of money on this wedding.  And I feel guilty for feeling irritated about it. Are there any wise souls out there who can help ease my mind about this?  I'd like to enjoy myself and be able to express my happiness for this couple, but it's hard to when my feelings aren't going in that direction. Just seeking help.
    Posted by anoniemoose[/QUOTE]

By what force are you required to do this? 

And what exactly is annoying you? That they aren't first timers?  That they are spending money on a wedding that isn't their first? That you agreed to stand beside them and now regret it? The costumes? What is under your skin about it? 

If you are truly happy for them, I don't get what the hang up is.  I mean I don't love costume weddings, but if I love the couple, that's what matters to me.  ~Donna
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I knew that was coming.  And based on the parallel post on WW - the bride in question is her mom. 
  • Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Starting to make sense........mom spends tons o' money on wedding; less left for OP.

OP - come back!
  • Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Uh, yeah, as one of those 50-60 year old brides (athough I was 49 when we got married), it was my money to spend as I chose.  When is the wedding?  I know a LOT of muggles who have done a wedding on or around Halloween and make it a masquerade theme.  Same for around Mardi Gras.  Again, their choice.

Your choice is to attend, or not. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nice DD, OP...
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards