DC
Options

Photos, makeup, balloons, and dry cleaning!

Hey all --- 

I'm planning a DC wedding this summer, and I'm still looking for a few local things. Specifically:

Where are some good locations to take photos that don't require permits (or that require permits that we can get within 6 weeks)? I like outdoorsy places, and I'm not interested in having a monument tour for our background. Something unique and offbeat but beautiful would be perfect! Oh, and bonus points if it's downtown, since that's where we will already be.

Has anyone hired a local hair / makeup person? How much did it cost and how did you find them? Also how long did it take per person? (I will have 4 bridesmaids with me.)

For the rehearsal "dinner" (which will really be more of a casual party), I'd like to get some of those jumbo gold translucent sphere balloons...know what I'm talking about? But I'm having the hardest time tracking down a place! Suggestions?

And dry cleaning. The dress has been in the closet for months, and it's not dirty -- I kept it in its bag -- but I'd like to have it freshened up just before. Where is good for this? And how long does it usually take -- like a day or two?

Thanks so much! Happy weddings!

Re: Photos, makeup, balloons, and dry cleaning!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards