Indiana-Indianapolis

Eastern Caribbean Cruise in August??

I am curious, has anyone taken an Eastern Caribbean cruise in August??  My fiance and I want to go for our honeymoon, but I'm terrified because it will be hurricane season!!  I'm just trying to find some people who have taken one in August!  If you have please tell me how the weather and experience was!!  Thanks!!

Re: Eastern Caribbean Cruise in August??

• inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no experience personally, but if you're going to do this, I would make sure that you know the hurricane policy of the cruise line you book with.  Also know that some cruiselines will reroute if a hurricane comes into the path, so make sure that you're okay with going someplace totally different, like up the east coast of the US.  If you're too worried, go on a little mini-moon getaway for a few days and then take the cruise later when hurricane season is over.
  • edited December 2011
    I have ne experience either, but I will reccomend our travel agent.  He is awesome.

Robert@beachbumvacations.com
  • jbutler0331jbutler0331 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Check with the cruiselines on their hurricane policy.  Most likely it won't affect you but there's always the chance.  We're going on a cruise in October which is still in hurricane season.  We bought the insurance just in case but a lot of times they'll reroute you out of the path of the storm.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards