Military Brides

Hello!! Any advice?

Hello brides! I am new to The Knot and I'm having lots of fun posting:) my FI is an Ensign in the Navy- he graduated from USNA in Mary 2010, we dated the whole time he was there. We're not including too much military stuff in the wedding, even though ALL his groomsmen are in the military, including his brother. We are doing the cake cutting with the sword though:) We're getting married outdoors by the lake so he's not wearing his uniform. What are you guys doing as far as military traditions in the wedding? Any advice? Thanks-Jackie
Nimi and Little Bite Photobucket

Re: Hello!! Any advice?

• kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and Congrats! FI is also in the navy, but we chose not to do any military traditions in our wedding. Having the military traditions and attire is entirely up to you and your FI. Happy Planning! 
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm not engaged, but I wanted to let you know that adding a picture to your siggy is super easy. You just click on the link in the right hand side bar that says update profile. Then at the very top, right under the tab for My Knot, there's a link that says Update my avatar and sig. Scroll down, and put in the html code with your picture's address.

So,

Edited to fix:

Except without the stars. I also advise making a photobucket without your first and last name for use on these boards. Persec is important in all aspects of life, especially on TK/TN, where there are tons of crazies lurking.
    :)
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! Hope I did it right this time....does my signature show up at the bottom?
    How is this so complicated for me? Haha
  • edited December 2011
    sorry...trying sig again. I'm sorry this is so annoying if you guys are getting emails every time I post. I promise I'll say something interesting if I can just get this to work!!!
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You got it!

Sorry, I grabbed the wrong link when I wrote out the HTML for you. You always want the direct link, not the url of the page the photo's on. :)
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards