Flowers

Bridal bouquet - what to do after wedding?

So I had planned on preserving my bouquet post wedding...however I failed to research the costs of that until just recently. I did not budget near enough for preserving as I didn't expect to be paying several hundred dollars for it. So now I'm looking for other ideas of what I can do with my bouquet after the wedding, as I don't just want to throw it away.

Info to know -
White calla lillies
Red roses - bud form
bear grass and greenery leaves
hand gathered with satin wrap

Thoughts?? Suggestions??
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: Bridal bouquet - what to do after wedding?

• I"ve seen some cool thing on Pinterest....If you can't preserve it in bouquet form, you could put petals in a clear ornament for your first Christmas (if you celebrate) 

I don't know how they normally preserve bouquets (chemically?) but freeze drying is also a option (if that's not already how they do it) Not sure how much that would cost though...

I had something pinned i wanted to try, but I'm sure it's going to cost more than I can afford...can't find the pin now, but it was a shadow box with the dried/preserved flowers, invite, pics etc. all together. Really pretty...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There is also this thing on pinterest that shows you how to boil down your flowers and turn them into beads.... then you can make a necklance or bracelet from them. Kinda cool and something you could always have.
  • I really like the ornament thing, I think that is really cool. Are you just wanting suggestions for only your boquet? I plan on donating all my flowers after my wedding, maybe not my boquet cause I really like the ornament idea, but nursing homes always except flower donations.
  • Honestly, I just put mine in a vase of water until it died.  I didn't want anything that would collect dust and I have pictures of my flowers.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_bridal-bouquet-what-to-do-after-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:a169239d-066f-40f9-9a00-965132453e06Post:bfcf4bac-fbd5-4c59-a0bd-f0d1e268730d">Re: Bridal bouquet - what to do after wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I"ve seen some cool thing on Pinterest....If you can't preserve it in bouquet form, you could put petals in a clear ornament for your first Christmas (if you celebrate)  I don't know how they normally preserve bouquets (chemically?) but <strong><font color="#ff0000">freeze drying is also a option</font></strong> (if that's not already how they do it) Not sure how much that would cost though...   I had something pinned i wanted to try, but I'm sure it's going to cost more than I can afford...can't find the pin now, but it was a <strong><font color="#ff0000">shadow box with the dried/preserved flowers</font></strong>, invite, pics etc. all together. Really pretty...
    Posted by aviola329[/QUOTE]

That was my plan originally. Have it freeze dried and framed on a shadow box. But to do the whole bouquet is anywhere from $300-500+ even for plain/simple boxes. I've seen the beads before, and its just not me. I don't really wear jewelry nor am I catholic (rosary) so the beads wouldn't really be fitting. I will have pictures of course, but just really wanted to have a keepsake of them since I'm paying quite a bit for a bundle of flowers.

Thank you for the thoughts!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards