Military Brides
Options

JOP

Hi girls!

I am almost done with the weebly information site to put on a sticky.

I want to fill out the JOP section of it. Would someone be willing to give me their experience of their JOP? I think Sammy did JOP and then a VR, right? If you could, could you PM me a paragraph or two about what you did and how you did it?

Also, anyone who has been to a military ball or banquet, can you let me know? I will PM you my e-mail and then you can send me pics to post on the website.

Last but not least, if you have had a wedding using uniforms, can you let me know. I will PM you my e-mail so we can put color combo pictures up.
imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: JOP

• Options
    LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is the link to what I've gotten done so far.

http://militarybrides.weebly.com/

Special thanks to the Military Nesties and the Pittsburgh Knotties for not making me reinvent the wheel!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Two small nit-picky things - on the first page, you refer to keeping soldiers safe - perhaps change that to service members?  I've gotten yelled at a few times for calling Marines "Soldiers".

And the OPSEC list, the numbers are screwy.

I have a picture of a reception we went to - it was a celebration for a new ship, and it was held on the new Royal Caribbean cruise ship (it was docked).  I'll send it to you tonight, because it's one of those 'not quite a ball, not quite casual' events.  He was in his service alphas, and the darned boy just WOULD NOT SMILE!  He told me he wasn't ever supposed to look too happy when in uniform.  I swear if he refuses to smile for wedding pictures because he's in his dress blues, I'll kill him.

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The site looks great so far! Can't wait to see everyone's pictures!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    -been to ball/banquets
    -having uniforms in the wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_jop?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:6c2f6a6a-91e1-48f8-869d-198b813fa334Post:ad4ff975-5945-4b95-8576-ec37ef705ebf">Re: JOP</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Two small nit-picky things - on the first page, you refer to keeping soldiers safe - perhaps change that to service members?  I've gotten yelled at a few times for calling Marines "Soldiers". And the OPSEC list, the numbers are screwy.</strong> I have a picture of a reception we went to - it was a celebration for a new ship, and it was held on the new Royal Caribbean cruise ship (it was docked).  I'll send it to you tonight, because it's one of those 'not quite a ball, not quite casual' events.  He was in his service alphas, and the darned boy just WOULD NOT SMILE!  He told me he wasn't ever supposed to look too happy when in uniform.  I swear if he refuses to smile for wedding pictures because he's in his dress blues, I'll kill him.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

Great! Thank you! I will make the changes in a minute!

Also, after I will PM you my e-mail! Can you add a description of the event to put under the picture?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay!

Changed it to service members. Numbers are still weird, I can't seem to figure that out just yet.

Cal and First- YGPM!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    freebread03freebread03 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

I usually lurk, and love the advice you girls offer--the weebly site is a great additional resource.  WOW!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_jop?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:6c2f6a6a-91e1-48f8-869d-198b813fa334Post:0bac57d1-0452-4719-aba3-b7fc1f972bd7">Re: JOP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I usually lurk, and love the advice you girls offer--the weebly site is a great additional resource.  WOW!
    Posted by freebread03[/QUOTE]

Hi and welcome!

Stop lurking and start posting :-)
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The page is looking good!!

I've been to a couple USMC Balls and of course my wedding! So I can offer pics.
  • Options
    melbelle24melbelle24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the website looks great! One thing I noticed though, along the same line that Calindi mentioned earlier - on the first paragraph of the PERSEC page, I would replace "your soldier" with "your service member". I don't know about the other branches, but I do know Marines are very particular about being called soldiers. I occasionally slip up (both accidentally and on purpose...is it mean of me to like teasing him with that?) and he immediately corrects me every time I call him "soldier" with a snappy "I'm not a soldier, I'm a Marine!"

Other than that, great job! I love it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_jop?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:6c2f6a6a-91e1-48f8-869d-198b813fa334Post:b0667447-fb38-40d8-9b4d-dc75314fc0f1">Re: JOP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the website looks great! One thing I noticed though, along the same line that Calindi mentioned earlier - on the first paragraph of the PERSEC page, I would replace "your soldier" with "your service member". I don't know about the other branches, but I do know Marines are very particular about being called soldiers. I occasionally slip up (both accidentally and on purpose...is it mean of me to like teasing him with that?) and he immediately corrects me every time I call him "soldier" with a snappy "I'm not a soldier, I'm a Marine!" Other than that, great job! I love it!
    Posted by melbelle24[/QUOTE]

Oh Marines... :]
    When I was "engaged" to a Marine, that was pretty much my name for him whenever he was in trouble. "MARINE, why didn't you buy the plane ticket yet! DO that now!!! " tehehehe... He would joke and say "Aye, Drill SGT"
    ok.. that's my random story. :P
  • Options
    melbelle24melbelle24 member
    edited December 2011
    First, that completely sounds like something my FI and I would do!
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Just checked out the site, and great job Hike! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hikes YGPM. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LetsHike: YGPM
  • Options
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards