Ohio-Toledo
Options

Announcements in the paper

What is the timeline for putting announcements in the local papers?
Just wondering. Please and thank you!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Announcements in the paper

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what it is and I almost posted this not too long ago.... but then I decided we are just going to wait and do it when we come home from our honeymoon.  I don't want to take any chance on anyone breaking into my house!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not really familar with this either.  I just wanted to say that if you wanted to do it before you were married, you can include the month and year of your wedding only.  Don't include the actual date and you shouldn't have issues with someone breaking into your house or trying to crash your wedding.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We put our engagement in the paper last month...I am not sure there is really a timeline for it?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My parents put an engagement announcement in the paper last November. I think my mom said that in order for it to be in Sunday's paper the announcement had to be in by that Tuesday or Wednesday... 

Also, when they submitted the engagement announcement I think they got a deal like 50% off the wedding announcement ... not sure if that was a "special" at the time or just standard.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    literarymuseliterarymuse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I still haven't decided if I even want to do this yet, especially since I haven't really ever lived in the Toledo area (parents moved there following my freshman year of college). They may submit something if they want, but I don't want to have to mess with it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom did ours for us.  I don't think they need more than a week or two notice.  The Blade usually isn't super saturated with announcements.  Ours was in the paper two weeks before the wedding I think.  We did include wedding date & location, but left out honeymoon details to avoid potential issues with our home.  My mom was very impressed with the Blade because my new last name is very long (14 letters) and at first they couldn't get it to fit on one line with the layout they used and it looked silly.  The woman who does the announcements took it upon herself to get it to work and fit on one line.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards