June 2013 Weddings
Options

The Dress

I'm in a bit of a panic right now because I purchased a dress last week and was not able to take pics at the time (store policy). Now that I went back today to take photos, I don't think my gown is that flattering!

I purchased off-the-rack, way too big, but it will have alterations. The sales woman put clips on the back but because of the fabric they wouldn't stay put, so the dress is pretty loose. Please tell me it will look awesome after alterations and that I shouldn't panic! (I had a previous post about not being able to commit to dresses and now that I have I'm nervous and wondering if I should have chosen a different gown!)
June 2013 Sig

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: The Dress

• Options

I think once it's fitted properly, it will look amazing!!! It is a beautiful dress.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ooh la la! I love the bottom of it!! I think after alterations it will look even more amazing!
    June 2013 Sig - E Rings!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with PP, once it fits your body, it'll be stunning!!
    June 2013 - January Sig Challenge - Honeymoon Destination - Prince Edward Island
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    OMG I LOVE that dress. Once it's fitted it will look amazing on you! You have nothing to panic about you made a great choice.
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You look GORGEOUS! After alterations you will look skinny as all get out and it will show your curves and be even more flattering. Don't panic! :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You have the figure to pull that silouette off, no problem! Once it's altered it will be amazing! Seriously. I could be biased though because I love ruffles =P
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the support! I totally blew the bank on this gown. I knew it was out of my budget and told the sales woman I didn't want to try it on, but that I knew it is the style I love. She asked me to try it on anyway and was able to sell it to me off the rack for a discounted price! It is Bliss by Monique Lhuillier #1213.
    I just hope I'm not too short to pull it off because it looks so nice in the image of a bride below. I'm wearing 4 or 5" heels in my pic and I'm still so short!
    Here's a photo of the dress a bit more fitted (not me in the photo)
    http://bios.weddingbee.com/pics/202693/photo.JPG
    June 2013 Sig

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    I think it is a beautiful dress and that you will love it once it is fit tighter to your body. If seems like you have a nice figure, os you will rock the dress. Feel good about your decision, I think it was a good one. :)
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Options
    I think its looks gorgeous. It's hard to get a good visual when it's just clipped but I think it will look AMAZING once it fits you properly. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think it's really beautiful, and I think it will look great on you once it's altered!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards