Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Photography timeline

I need help planning the timeline for photos. FI and I are seeing each other before the ceremony to have pictures taken in CC. The ceremony starts at 7:30, reception right after at 8. How long did it take for your pictures or how long are you planning for pictures? My "plan" is to have most of the pictures taken prior to the reception.
Any advice or suggestions would be helpful!

TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Photography timeline

• edited December 2011
    You should allot for two hours. This will give you plenty of time for pictures without feeling rushed and it will also give you the opportunity to hit a few locations. The ideal time to shoot is at least one hour prior to sunset which on October 8, 2010 is at 6:32. You should really start pictures around 3:30. As a professional photographer this is what I suggest. And believe me, I know more than anyone here.
  • Kim84mKim84m member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I suggest calling your photographer and talking about it.  Every photographer's time flow is a little different, and they will be the best one to help you figure out how much time they will need, to get you everything you want.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_photography-timeline?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:8e803a4e-6206-4ffd-8201-1f838b3990fdPost:7f4f47f2-6f5d-46c6-8751-7fd388b30ba3">Re: Photography timeline</a>:
    [QUOTE]You should allot for two hours. This will give you plenty of time for pictures without feeling rushed and it will also give you the opportunity to hit a few locations. The ideal time to shoot is at least one hour prior to sunset which on October 8, 2010 is at 6:32. You should really start pictures around 3:30. As a professional photographer this is what I suggest. And believe me, I know more than anyone here.
    Posted by dephotographer1[/QUOTE]

<div>Professionals are not allowed on the boards.</div><div>Plus why are you are the Philadelphia board when you are from Minnesota?  </div>
  • CA2PABride2BeCA2PABride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It must be nice to have enough time on your hands to make fake screen names and just make antagonizing posts all day long to people you don't know. 
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    To answer the question please read my first reply and ignore the trolls. And yes, I am call YOU trolls. Instead of worrying about me and my fellow vendors posting you should really respond with intelligent answers and NOT worry about me Yell
  • edited December 2011
    Vendor McVendor did give some good advice.  Two hours will be plenty of time and you will get lots of wonderful photos and not feel rushed at all.  If the ceremony starts at 7:30, I would plan to wrap up photos and be hidden away at your venue by 7:00.  That means you should plan on starting to take photos by 5:00 - tell everyone to be ready by 4:30 just in case.  (You will NOT regert leaving to much time for photos - there is no such thing!)  If your photographer arrives between 3:30 and 4:00, s/he should be able to get some great shotes of you and the bridal party finishng up getting ready.  My photographer got there just as my makeup was finishing; we have lovely shots of that and me getting dressed. 

That said, run your plans by your photograher to see if they have other suggestions.  Like PPs have siad. some photographers might have their own suggestions for you...mine let me call the shots.  You will probably have a phone conversation or meeting with the photog before the wedding to go over this stuff, so no stressing!  It'll work out just fine.

(Will you be taking photos on the grounds of your venue, or elsewhere?  You may have to build additional travel time in here if so...just work backwards and add in the time it will take you to get from one place to the other, plus a couple of minutes for traffic.) 
  • edited December 2011
    Who really cares if a vendor posts? She is giving her opinion, not trying to get you to book her services.  Lighten up.
  • edited December 2011
    To answer your question, I think 2 hours is perfect.  We have 2 hours for wedding party and then just bride/groom photos after that.  I don't want to miss a minute of our cocktail hour!
  • laurak43laurak43 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony starts at 5 and we are doing photos before too.  I'm planning the guys will get to the venue by 2:00 and the girls 2:30 for photos (limo has to make 2 runs).  Should be wrapped up by 4 because guests could start arriving at 4:30.
    I woudl agree that you should talk to the photographer and make sure you pad the time so you're not rushed.

Oh, and please stop the arguements over vender posts.  I don't think anyone wants to read through them to get to the actual responses to the question.  Have a little respect for the person who originally posted.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you Laura. The point is NOBODY will ever know what company I work for. It is not about promotion but many girls on here THINK they know about photography simply because they stalk blogs. Chances are they've only attended 5 or 6 weddings in their life. I do this every weekend so I have a valuable opinion that is only intended to help. Unlike LaRosita who promotes her photographer brother Rich you will not get any halfass recommendations from me. Just opinions which I am entitled to under the first amendment. The Knot or any of the knotties here does not have the legal right to stop me from speaking here.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with deb, she didn't post about her business, so shes not acting like a vendor. If anything she is just giving words of wisdom because she knows.

• CA2PABride2BeCA2PABride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I apologize for getting everyone into a tizzy.  Actually, in hindsight this was the wrong post to even put my comment in because her post here was perfectly fine.  I happened to be looking at some of her posts on other threads when I made that comment.  I actually have no problem with a vendor posting tips and insights.  However,  I have a problem with her bashing other people's choices in photographers.  The whole previous post about us all "being warned" and then the bashing of specific photographers feels completely fake to me.  And if it's not, then I don't find you to be a very reputable vendor if you're just going to put down other people's photographers.  Give tips and advice - great; but leave it at that.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    ohhhhh that was her? the 'you been warned' post! oh thats not nice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards