Massachusetts-Boston

White Cliffs CC and/or Duxbury Bay Maritime School Question...

Hi there,

I am looking for a reception venue for early August 2013. I have 2 questions..

1. Anyone who was married or attended at beautiful White Cliffs CC in Plymouth, was there an issue with the fact that the dinner is outside and to dance you have to decide to walk inside and join? We are having about 100 people- a lot of whom don't know each other, so I am concerned about people being in 2 seperate spaces, and the crowd feeling small....

2. Also considering Duxbury Bay Maritime School, in the town where I grew up (also where the ceremony will be). The fee for the venue, without a thing in it is rather pricey. I am concerned about planning and coordinating from far away when they have no coordinator there, and the bride seems to have to figure out all design/delivery for decorations. flowers, tables, chairs, every single thing. Nothing comes with the large site fee, nothing. I have had to send several emails just to get a clear estimate becasue everyone bills for different things. Please let me know what your experience was. I'd love to make it work.

Thanks!

Re: White Cliffs CC and/or Duxbury Bay Maritime School Question...

• We looked at White Cliffs and thought it was gorgeous, but we did not like the seperate rooms for dinner and dancing!! Have you looked at Indian Pond CC in Kingston? It's really nice there! We are having our reception at Pinehills in Plymouth :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, I really liked Indian Pond, and it is one of our top options at this point. Thanks for your message. Best of luck at Pine Hills!
  • Actually all three of these venues were wonderful when we met with them. We are very happy we were able to cut our budget elsewhere and book our first choice venue.  Here's hoping we stay on budget going forward!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards