Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Don't use Make Up For Ever HD on your wedding day!

I learned the hard way. They say this make up is "invisible" to professional cameras. Sounds good--you don't want to look cakey, right? Well, the problem with make up becoming invisible is that it looks like you aren't wearing any make up at all. 

I know that my make up was a little heavier than normal on my wedding day because I wanted it to show up and last all night. So when I saw the pictures, I was surprised to see that it looks like I didn't put on any at all. Not in an "oh she looks so fresh" way.  More like "ick, get the girl some help" way. 

The same thing happened with all of my honeymoon pictures. I look like I'm barefaced. 

So frustrating... but at least I'm good with photoshop!

P.S. What people say about not using SPF foundation is true--it makes faces look ghostly and white. Not a good look for the wedding album. 

Re: Don't use Make Up For Ever HD on your wedding day!

• Options
    I agree with PP, you are beautiful, and your skin is glowing and flawless in your wedding pics...the other pics with Mac makeup just look like you are wearing makeup...does that make sense?

don't be self conciouss about your wedding pics...they are beautiful!
    Mr. and Mrs. Sharkdiver!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I just wanted to point out one thing.  Your wedding photos were taken by a professional, right?  My understanding is that professionals use certain techniques so that the flash isn't right in your face.  In the MAC photos, I can see the flash in your face.  So you're comparing apples to oranges.  I've taken pictures of myself with and without a flash and the difference is amazing. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards