Outdoor Weddings

Re: *

• Options
    ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_backyard-wedding-reception-am-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:a3df6981-33e9-4097-92e4-980f93ea199aPost:c86b5f69-886a-4cd6-a73b-7fd5234c64db">Re: Backyard wedding and reception - Am I Crazy???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am having people stand for my ceremony (except for those who need chairs), I have been to 2 weddings where everyone stood and it was completely casual and a bit more intimate.
    Posted by AshleyElizabeth88[/QUOTE]

That is good to know someone has done it.  I have seen photos of one also.  Maybe the guests can form a circle or semi-circle around the couple and officiant?  I pictured mine outside and probably 30 guests.  Nothing to rent in the town we wanted to do it in or in a 2 hour radius. 

I figured people will be standing around prior socializing and mingling prior.  Just depends on the place and the guests in the end, oh and the length of the ceremony.
  • Options
    Oh wow!  An outdoor backyard wedding is an option we are weighing as well.  Its good to know that people have done this for a 200 person shindig, since our guest list is about 180 at the moment!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_backyard-wedding-reception-am-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:a3df6981-33e9-4097-92e4-980f93ea199aPost:c86b5f69-886a-4cd6-a73b-7fd5234c64db">Re: Backyard wedding and reception - Am I Crazy???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am having people stand for my ceremony (except for those who need chairs), I have been to 2 weddings where everyone stood and it was completely casual and a bit more intimate.
    Posted by AshleyElizabeth88[/QUOTE]
    How exactly are you going to know who needs a chair? Is that going on the RSVP?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards