Moms and Maids

JUNIOR BRIDESMAIDS????

Hi!!
I have a Maid of Honor , Matron of Honor and 3 Bridesmaids for my August 2012 wedding. My mother mentioned to me that it would be really sweet to have my (little) will be 17 year old cousin as a Junior Bridesmaid at my wedding. Obviously, she wouldn't attend the Bachelorette, but would be apart of the Bridal Shower and Rehersal Dinner. If I included her, I would need to include my Matron of Honor's daughter, also 17 who I am equally close with (the matron of honor's youngest daughter is my flower girl). So it's either I include them both, or don't include them at all. They are both extremley similar, same age, and I planned on seating them together at the wedding anyway. They would wear the same dresses as the bridesmaids, although we would add straps, to make them a little less sexy. WHAT DO YOU THINK??? I WOULD LOVE ANY AND ALL OPINIONS!

Re: JUNIOR BRIDESMAIDS????

• edited December 2011
    At 17 they are not really considered Jr bridesmaids. They would just be called a bridesmaid. If you don't want more bridesmaids you could let them do a reading or maybe lay down the aisle runner since there are 2 of them. They could also stand at the front of the church and hand out programs as guests enter.
  • ViczaesarViczaesar member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    They can be plain ol' bridesmaids.  What's with the capitalization, excessive punctuation, underlining, and colored text?

• edited December 2011
    You definitely should not call them junior bridesmaids.  They do the same things as the bridesmaids, so there is no need for a different name. And you don't NEED to include both girls just because they are the same age and one has a sibling in the wedding party.  If you felt compelled to include your cousin b/c she is family, the other girl would certainly understand that and not think she was shafted.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011

I agree that I would not have a 17 year old be concidered a Junior Bridesmaid, but you don't have to feel obligated to have anyone in your wedding party.  This is your wedding and you can have you want in it.  I think the idea of handing out programs is a good idea, but it's a controversial thing here on The Knot and a decision like that should follow what is accepted in your family/area.

"Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    That is way too old to be calling them junior bridesmaids and they are not a package deal.  If you want your cousin then have her.  your MOH's DD will be 17 and should be old enough to understand she isn't entitled to be in your wedding because another 17 you is in it.  That would also be more money your MOH will have to shell out if she has yet another child in the BP.
  • SamiC3SamiC3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I appreciate your time to write back to me, and I apologize to those of you who may have gotten "offended' because of my highlighting, underlining and capitalization....I use those to get my point across. Thank You for your responses.
  • zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_junior-bridesmaids-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:8bc6b5ce-9168-411c-a74b-6068c30a17ebPost:0b6a21b0-6dbe-4801-a1ec-4c25e7bea991">Re: JUNIOR BRIDESMAIDS????</a>:
    [QUOTE]I appreciate your time to write back to me, and I apologize to those of you who may have gotten "offended' because of my highlighting, underlining and capitalization....I use those to get my point across. Thank You for your responses.
    Posted by SamiC3[/QUOTE]

I hope no color-blind people read your post. They'd still be scratching their heads  because the meaning of your post eluded them. You know, because color-blind people are clinically retarded.
  • I am having a junior bridesmaid who is 17. We wanted to have an even number of groomsmen/bridesmaids (8 & 8) and then he has family member who he is not that close with that he is obligated to have in the wedding and the girl who is 17 has a younger twin brother and sister who is our FG/RB. I don't see why the groom should have the option of having ushers but the bride should not have an equivcalent.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards