DC

Affordable Reception Ideas Needed: Fairfax or Loudon County

waterbaby3waterbaby3 member
First Comment
I have looked at so many places online and my head is starting to spin!  So far, I have found some acceptable places from Fairfax County and Fairfax City... love the historical buildings. I would like more options and the problem I am having is I would like a bit of ourdoor space for socializing with enough indoor space to seat everyone, so the thought of a hotel just doesn't match my vision.

Any ideas??  This one detail is the most tedious at the moment!!

Re: Affordable Reception Ideas Needed: Fairfax or Loudon County

• jessib33jessib33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about Loudon county, but Fairfax county rents out some historic sites, and they even give a discount to fairfax county residents.  The sites come in all sizes and budgets & include chairs & tables in the rental.  My FH & I have the Stone Mansion booked for our wedding. :)

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/hprs/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    There is a winery in Loudoun, VA called Notaviva (http://www.notavivavineyards.com/venue-rentals/weddings.html) it is an absolutely goregous venue.  I am not sure what their prices are like, but they have an open two story interior place, and an outdoor space that backs up to the mountains :)  Definitely worth checking it out!!  Good luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • waterbaby3waterbaby3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!

I checked out the Stone Mansion... unsure about seating as I don't want a tent.  Have you figured out a good arrangement?

I'll be buying the deal Notaviva is offering and checking it out using that!
  • jessib33jessib33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just now noticed your response.  We're only having 45-50 guests, so we're pretty sure we can fit them all in the one large main room. Any more though and we'd either need a tent or a bigger site. :)  I'll know for sure one we have a walk through with our caterer, but I'm pretty sure we can get up to 50 in that main room.  My only question is where the heck would we have the dancing?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards