New Jersey

Invites

I wanted my patient and darling FH to get a full understanding on how important it is for us to start looking at invites. So, we went to Papyrus yesterday to check it out. We looked at Checker Board and some other books. We picked out two templates we liked and then I had a heart attack. $830-850 was the quote. IT'S JUST PAPER!
I'll keep mine and put in a frame but most people will just throw it up on their fridge and in the trash!

Is this a normal price? Any reccomendations on how to keep the price down? I looked at the reccomendation site but I haven't seen anything I really like.

Am I better off going to a store front or ordering online?

I'm looking for something different and vintage. I wish I had time for DIY invites. I'm about to send out a mass text message.

Re: Invites

• cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just ordered mine from exclusivelyweddings.com, and I think they cost like $250 for 125 invitiations with all of the inserts, lined envelopes, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    Some of the online places like Wedding Paper Divas, Minted, and Hello Lucky have invites as low as $1.64 per invite. But then you have to factor in the rsvp card and if you're doing an insert and even sometimes the color invitations cost more. And then you still have to buy postage.

I was really excited about invites and had my heart set on letterpress but once I started tallying up the cost of everything I realized that it just wasn't worth the money. So we ended up just designing our own through VistaPrint and putting the money we saved towards other stuff. And we had them within a week.
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    That's way too high. Keep looking.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My MOH used MagnetStreet.com, I got my STDs from there and would have also gotten invites, but my cousin offered to custom design for me so I ended up using the print shop at CardsandPockets.com.  I paid about $350 for the whole shebang, including pocketfold supplies and expedited shipping.  110 invites.

I've also heard good things about weddingpaperdivas.com!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• edited December 2011
    I went to a store, Paper Pedlar in Springfield, and I found the invites that I loved. The woman who set us up to look at them left! When we went to have her do the wording and the order form we were told she had left for the day about 15 minutes earlier! I was soooo mad! I then went and wrote down the information on the invites and found them online for much cheaper! I ordered 125 with all the inserts, printed RSVP envelopes, return address printed on the outer envelopes, lined inner envelopes and the quick seal envelopes so no one had to lick them. I got that for $525 which was cheaper then if I ordered the same package with only 100 invites from the store. I don't recommend the store, but I do recommend going and getting the info and looking online. I received mine, they are so beautiful and everything I could have asked for and more.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It just depends how fancy you want the invitations to look.. like I said, I got all of the insert cards, etc, color invites, etc for $250 for 125 invites. And I thought that was kind of expensive.
  • edited December 2011
    How many invitations are you ordering? I'm probably using Jar of Ideas, but I've heard great things about wedding paper divas and vistaprint actually. If invitations aren't high on your list, I'd definitely say that was too expensive.
  • edited December 2011
    I just used weddingpaperdivas for our save-the-dates.  I can't tell you about invites but I can say that were pretty easy to work with and the livechat people were amazeballs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dalm0mdalm0m member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Try bbcprint.com
  • edited December 2011
    I used TheAmericanWedding.com and paid about $150 for 100 invites/reply cards/printed envelopes and I love them. Raised print and lined inner envelopes included. 

---The Nest makes me wanna---
    imageimage
    ---Started TTC 12/1/11---
    Cycle 1 - 13 BFN
    Cycle 14 Surgery complete! BFP on 2/27/13!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC buddies with sparklingdiamond and amandaf6383
  • edited December 2011

Girls, you all just gave me a great advice! I am dedicating tomorrow to invites!

I think I am going to need between 100-125.

• edited December 2011
    Try etsy.com - I had my invites custom made and 100 of them was well under what you were quoted.
  • edited December 2011
    ooh, I completely forgot about Etsy. I'll have to look around.
  • NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_invites-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:ac8c8b85-49b6-49af-b4fe-9a030d23a592Post:6b7e1162-6212-457b-be9d-bc1a814bbc38">Re: Invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just ordered mine from exclusivelyweddings.com, and I think they cost like $250 for 125 invitiations with all of the inserts, lined envelopes, etc.
    Posted by cindyn9178[/QUOTE]

I just ordered mine as well. Were you happy with the quality? The samples felt very nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I was happy with the quality. I had gotten a ton of samples from them, and many other websites to help make the decision..
    They also gave me like 10 extra of each item, which was very helpful, because when I was printing the addresses on the envelopes, I kept screwing them up.

This is a sample of my invitation:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards