Chit Chat

Birth Control Stuff (Again)

I feel like all my posts lately have been about birth control! :) For those of you who are on it and have felt hungry because of it, I'm curious as to what that "hunger" feels like... is it just an increased appetite ("I'm not hungry but I could eat anything right now")? Or is it a hunger like "I haven't eaten in two days and I'm STARVING/my stomach is growling even though I had a snack 30 minutes ago" hunger? I'm experiencing the 2nd of the two... trying to figure out what to attribute it to (whether it's birth control, my varied workout routine lately, etc.)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Birth Control Stuff (Again)

• You really should ask your doctor
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2012
    I get that, and I will if it becomes a concern-- I'm not concerned about it at all yet, I'm just curious about what other people have experienced while on it. Thanks, though!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_birth-control-stuff-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:b632615d-c0c0-4721-a527-bc29664f5c64Post:51fcc963-ecc1-4ca8-8715-a6eaf697f8da">Re: Birth Control Stuff (Again)</a>:
    [QUOTE]You really should ask your doctor
    Posted by Benny618[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For me the second is probably due to exercise and the first is due to BCP.

I find that I am more "cravingy" than hungry on BCP and am a never ending pit....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I never had any side effects at all on BC.  No increased appetite or anything.  I agree with PPs to check with your doctor.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_birth-control-stuff-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:b632615d-c0c0-4721-a527-bc29664f5c64Post:00f9adb6-6d81-479e-b92e-da4be385934c">Re: Birth Control Stuff (Again)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it sounds like your BC failed and you're pregnant.  Sorry.
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>thats terrible.... don't send the poor girl into a panic! I get like that sometimes out of the blue- not because I am pregnant! I</div><div>
    </div><div>If its really an issue, see your doctor. It also might help to keep a food diary. Sometimes that puts everything you eat into perspective. </div>
  • Funny, since me being pregnant is currently impossible...

I was never asking for medical advice (BTW, I am in the healthcare field-- and I'm not stupid)... merely asking for other people's experiences. I see nothing wrong with that... that is what these boards exist for, right? If I become concerned or want ACTUAL medical advice, I'll call my doctor- simple as that.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_birth-control-stuff-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:b632615d-c0c0-4721-a527-bc29664f5c64Post:dcc3cc50-0e5f-4613-8015-86a230e8501e">Re: Birth Control Stuff (Again)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Birth Control Stuff (Again) : This is what you get when you ask medical questions on a wedding forum.
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the suggestion-- I actually tried the food diary thing yesterday on MFP (after not using one for several months), and found that I'm not eating quite as much as I thought I was. I guess it definitely helps to keep track!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_birth-control-stuff-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:b632615d-c0c0-4721-a527-bc29664f5c64Post:cf1d0587-65d5-4ba9-a539-7a905c9fd391">Re: Birth Control Stuff (Again)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Birth Control Stuff (Again) : thats terrible.... don't send the poor girl into a panic! I get like that sometimes out of the blue- not because I am pregnant! I If its really an issue, see your doctor. It also might help to keep a food diary. Sometimes that puts everything you eat into perspective. 
    Posted by krichards0527[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards