Indiana-Indianapolis
Options

looking for rustic venue in indianapolis

I am looking for a rustic/barn feel venue for my wedding reception in April 2012... I grew up on a farm and am very attached to the idea of a lighted vintage barn type theme for the reception but my family's barn is not large enough to hold the 250 guests we are expecting... does anyone know of any vintage locations that have something along those lines that would be affordable?  Any ideas are appreciated!

Re: looking for rustic venue in indianapolis

• Options
    aesheets33 aesheets33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking for a rustic/barn feel venue for my wedding reception in April 2012... I grew up on a farm and am very attached to the idea of a lighted vintage barn type theme for the reception but my family's barn is not large enough to hold the 250 guests we are expecting... does anyone know of any vintage locations that have something along those lines that would be affordable?  Any ideas are appreciated!
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try posting this on your local board found on the left under Local Wedding Boards.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    hjay07hjay07 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are outdoor options at Garfield Park, the Eitlejorg, the IMA, and Ritz Charles to name a few. Not sure that any of those really have the feel you're going for though. Here is a link to a really nice venue in Avon that has a more rustic feel if you're open to venues outside Indy:
    http://www.washingtontwpparks.org/index.php/pavilion-center.html

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd also recommend checking out the barn at Traders Point Creamery - the pictures of weddings there look so amazing!  It looks like it has a max of 100 people though, which is reason I didn't do my wedding there.  Here's the website: http://www.tpforganics.com/private-parties/

• Options
    SarahjlilleySarahjlilley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    google Martha's Orchard, looks good tho I haven't actually been there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want to go south of Indy a bit I would look into the hotel at Brown County State Park. It would be cheaper and if very nice.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Might want to check out www.Marvis.net it has a rustic yet industrial look..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The mavris is awesome but  very $$$ and the owner is a creep
  • Options
    hmurphy905hmurphy905 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also looking for a rustic venue, but still elegant.  I came across this place in Columbus IN that may be what you're looking for if your willing to travel...
    http://www.bartholomewhistory.org/index.php?id=50
    Getting out of Indy helps relieve the cost of renting a bit.
  • Options
    CatiehallCatiehall member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Mill Top in Noblesville. Lots of brick...very cool on the inside
  • Options
    Actually the Trader's Point Creamery holds 250 guests! I'm going today to check things out for my own wedding, but their website tpforganics.com says they can accomidate 250.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards